MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Project Talk (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   My Talon (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18991)

slo6oh 09-25-2009 07:26 PM

Re: My Talon

sell it!!! its time for something new, and even if you paint it you will still want to sell it. Turbo 6.0 or 5.3 ftw!:drive:

sleepydsm 09-25-2009 10:08 PM

Well this is kinda old news now, I'm on my THIRD brand new Holset. It's already on the car. About 2 weeks ago, the turbine shaft sheared right in half = gay.

The car is fixed 100% but I'm putting the finishing touches on my bumper cover with a friend's help.

Still for sale :)

slo6oh 09-26-2009 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepydsm (Post 306896)
Well this is kinda old news now, I'm on my THIRD brand new Holset. It's already on the car. About 2 weeks ago, the turbine shaft sheared right in half = gay.

The car is fixed 100% but I'm putting the finishing touches on my bumper cover with a friend's help.

Yeah I know im helping you with it, and no I dont want the car back lol

sleepydsm 09-27-2009 12:30 PM

Ok, so $7250 with small dent in hood. Or $7750 with a carbon fiber one!

Constant_Project21 09-27-2009 12:35 PM

I'm planning on winning the lottery here pretty soon, I'll come get it after that lol :)

scheides 09-27-2009 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepydsm (Post 306896)

Geez, bad luck with turbos...bring this beast to the dyno day!

Swifty1638 09-27-2009 01:04 PM

geez! Now I don't feel so bad about my turbo lol..

sleepydsm 10-02-2009 12:30 AM

Yeah, I'll probably go to something different over winter/spring, but we'll see. It's just too bad, b/c that turbo is awesome, and it's only just getting warmed up at 29psi.

sleepydsm 01-02-2010 07:43 PM

So as some remember my tranny blew up. I paid like $50 for a piece of shit tranny and drove it into storage. I will be getting a shep rebuild AGAIN and will most likely be putting the car up for sale in the spring lol.

C3L1CA 01-02-2010 07:49 PM

That sucks to go through all that hard work to have that tranny issue happen. Good luck with getting that shep rebuild and good luck selling it. I can't believe it never sold, thing is beyond clean!

sleepydsm 01-12-2010 01:50 AM

I might just have twin walbros, bulkhead fittings out of sender to a y block, -8 to rail.

I can't find 1/2" hardline anywhere. wtf?

Swifty1638 01-12-2010 01:53 AM

twin 255's or 310's?

Hardline shit I got from jegs or summit. With the fittings. It's aluminum.

turbotalon1g 01-12-2010 05:14 PM

You dont need to upgrade the line, plenty have made more power on E85 without changing the lines.

Constant_Project21 01-12-2010 05:33 PM

Are you doing anything different turbo wise this year? I recall at the dyno day, you mentioning something about changing it up a bit.

goodhart 01-12-2010 08:02 PM

Hey Kevin, what do you think is causing the turbo to keep going to poop?

sleepydsm 01-13-2010 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodhart (Post 319438)
Hey Kevin, what do you think is causing the turbo to keep going to poop?

I don't know. Lots of people on tuners have a theory of too small of oil drain, but I think that is bs. It's -10an. thats 5/8". And it's not from lack of oil, no signs when disected.

I might just have to get goat blowers 3575. But then I'd need a new 02 housing, change my IC pipe, intake, etc.

I will do some investigating. I'm getting a -4 inline with an 1/8npt fitting for an oil pressure gauge. I will also just make a much larger drain with like copper pipe or something.

goodhart 01-13-2010 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepydsm (Post 319513)
I'm getting a -4 inline with an 1/8npt fitting for an oil pressure gauge. I will also just make a much larger drain with like copper pipe or something.

Let me know what kind of fitting you end up getting, I want to run an oil pressure sender off the feed of my new turbo also. I am feeding off the head, but I still want to be able to know what it is.

4g63tcrazy 01-13-2010 05:51 PM

Posted it before and I'll post it again! Seeing what your oil pressure is that's entering the turbo is a very good idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheelhop (Post 341288)
This is your answer. Don't guess. DSMs kill SO many journal bearing garrett, BW, holset turbos. Because they are all more sensitive to oil changes and especially over oiling. And DSMs change their oil pressure per setup, rpm, motor build, oil pump age, Bshafts, oil pump years, oil cooling, hair part, shoe lace orientation, etc. FAR more than any other engine on the planet. PTE has a bad rep because of sh!tty DSM oiling problems. Its DSM oiling that sucks, not PTE (AKA garrett center sections). It's not the manufacturers fault. Its the haphazard, random oil pressures that dsms run on various setups.

Use any gauge: oil gauge, old fuel pressure gauge, old air compressor gauge, old water pressure gauge for home water feed lines, who cares. Get SOMETHING on there after the lines and restrictions to actually see what your oil pressure is. Rev the motor in neutral and find out the oil pressurea at idle, theoretical spool up rpm, and peak oil pressure (should be at redline). Per the holset repair manual for the hx35/hx40: Warmed up, the oil pressure for the hx35 and hx40 should be no less than 10psi at idle, and no more than 72 psi. It should be no less than 30psi at spooling time and after. A bolton hx35 sees 20psi at about 3700rpms and spools damn early so you had better have 30 psi at 2K or you could be eating turbo bearings. An bolton hx40 sess 20 psi as early as 4K on a 2.0L motor. Check your oil pressure. As stated, you MUST have 30psi during spooling up conditions with these turbos. And you cannot have more than 72 psi pressure at full song.

turbotalon1g 01-13-2010 08:14 PM

Also note that the stock drain on these holsets is a lot bigger than 5/8

sleepydsm 01-13-2010 11:44 PM

If i remember right, my drain hole wasn't that big.

And If anything I'd be over pressurizing the turbo, not under. There was no signs of lack of oil pressure when taken apart.