MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Good Guy / Bad Guy feedback (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   SLS - mixed feelings (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17609)

Kracka 11-22-2007 01:05 PM

Re: SLS - mixed feelings

If your manifold ever cracks do you really think that "Lifetime Guarantee" actually means a thing coming from SLS when you can't even get a refund for a part they never sent you?

Halon 11-22-2007 03:08 PM

Thanks to everyone for their advice on the actual situation that I was dealing with (my wastegate order). I have my money back FINALLY, thanks again!

Now, for the manifold topic that seems to have become a popular topic at hand. I don't know why I'm bothering to explain my thought process on buying what I bought, but since people seem to be insinuating that I made a bad manifold decision, here is why I went with their manifold...

After researching around for awhile, there were 3 vendors that I had in mind for a manifold. Those would be SLS, Punishment, and Shearer. These were the 3 companies that I found to make manifolds in-house specifically for DSM's on a REGULAR basis, have minnimal reports of failure, and back them with a lifetime warantee. I almost bought Punishments cheap one, but was talked out of it. Then I was considering their nicer one, but Punishment didn't like to reply to my emails much anymore, so they were completely dropped off the list. That left Shearer and SLS. I had read reports of people having to wait awhile for Shearer's manifolds because he is so busy. Not a big deal though because again I felt this was a big investment, and it's well known that he makes good manifolds. Well then I heard from Nick at SLS, he told me that he had one in his office already built, that he'd sell me, and give me a good price. So, the fact that he said he had one on hand ready to ship the next day, for $200 less then the Shearer one, and they are only 3 hours away from here, that is how I chose their manifold. It showed up 5 days later, and I am very happy with it.

OK, so enough about the manifold. Thanks again to everyone's advice on the wastegate matter. I hope it's finally done and over with! And I agree, that if you're buying off the shelf merchandise, our local vendors are easily the best choice. Thanks all!!

Halon 01-14-2008 08:57 AM

Just thought I'd share that my girlfriend drove by their building last week and told me there is a FOR LEASE sign out in front now. Interesting...

User Name 01-14-2008 12:08 PM

The shop on Main Ave. or the shop near 13th Ave? They switched to a new location on Main Ave. and I believe there is 2 stores in the same building.

Halon 01-14-2008 12:24 PM

The one off Main. The one with the HUGE black SLS sign out front. I told her to take a picture for me and send it to me.

Kracka 01-27-2008 01:52 PM

Ever get that picture?

Halon 01-27-2008 04:16 PM

Yes, it's on my g/f's computer. I'll post it up when she emails it to me.

Halon 01-28-2008 04:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm very glad I took this matter up with my bank, because this picture makes me wonder if I ever would have gotten anything if I kept dealing with just them.

User Name 01-28-2008 04:53 PM

Yeah, they closed the front due to tire-kickers but I think they're doing production-only now. They have an updated website. I can't believe they would close SLS. They're great fabricators.

Kracka 01-28-2008 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by User Name (Post 225556)
I can't believe they would close SLS. They're great fabricators.

Great fabricators or not, a company isn't worth dealing with if they don't respect customers. My guess is eventually they'll go the same route as Vogel and QPR and I hope people are smart enough to not give them the opportunity to run off with parts/money.

Halon 01-28-2008 05:18 PM

Exactly. Like I said, I'm very satisfied with the manifold I got, they made an excellent product. But the service I received from them was among the worst I've ever encountered, and that is what is going to steer me away from them from now on. Even though I'm very happy with the manifold and it's quality, I wish I would have purchased from someone else, because if I do have a problem with it in the future, I don't feel like I can count on these guys to be there to resolve any issues.

GnArKiLl 01-28-2008 10:20 PM

they are not closing.. i hear they are moving to a bigger shop w/o a store front.. kinda dumb but whatever

FattyBoomBatty 01-29-2008 08:18 AM

That is really dumb of them. Yeah, fargo might not have many walk-in customers, but don't close yourself off to the world.

Kracka 01-29-2008 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FattyBoomBatty (Post 225643)
That is really dumb of them. Yeah, fargo might not have many walk-in customers, but don't close yourself off to the world.

Its easier to rip people off over the internet and phone than in person.

User Name 01-29-2008 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kracka (Post 225644)
Its easier to rip people off over the internet and phone than in person.

lol! They aren't too customer-friendly in person anyways. I felt pretty fucking alienated when I went in to pick up some shit one time. Never went back after that. I fucking hate shops that make you feel like a squid just because you aren't there to buy a $1600 ram-horn.