MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Project Talk (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Dave's Evo X Build/The Life of Dave blog (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25695)

Murlo26 03-27-2012 09:16 AM

Re: Dave's Evo X Build/The Life of Dave blog

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbotalon1g (Post 402723)
Nice.
I haven't seen any sexcapades as of late, whats the deal? Are you declaring abstinence like spaz?

I just don't post about it anymore ;) No moah drinking n posting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tachyon (Post 402731)
That wheel gap is sexy. Have you considered rally with your ground clearance?

Well actually that is what I originally built the car for...ok I lied, no rally for me ha.

Kracka 03-27-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murlo26 (Post 402734)
I just don't post about it anymore ;) No moah drinking n posting.

Likewise ;)

Murlo26 03-27-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kracka (Post 402742)
Likewise ;)

LOL:sex2:

turbotalon1g 03-27-2012 10:52 AM

:cool:

Murlo26 03-28-2012 06:25 PM

Update, just found something interesting. Here is like 1500 miles tops on the manifold i have.

I started smelling burning and was like WTF. I have the MAP firewall heatshield but am still trying to figure out how the hell to install it, doesn't seem to fit over my manifold, but I might be retarded haven't tried hard yet lol. Need to email Chris.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...6/0b4f9d4a.jpg

So basically...don't run no heatshield on an X!

On a much better note..200 miles or so on the new belt, all looks well still.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...6/40a2d363.jpg

I haven't really gone past 5k rpms at all or beat on it yet so until then I will hold my joy.

Saturday is fender rolling, Monday/Tuesday I am going to Shawns again to do springs/Rear sway install and then Friday the car will be at stellar getting a new alignment and then right to MAP friday to put on a new gasket between the turbo and o2 pipe as DB never received the one for the O2 dump downpipe. SO I have an annoying exhaust leak and I prefer to keep the two streams isolated.

Kracka 03-28-2012 09:31 PM

Did you see the thread AMS made about running w/o a heatshield and burning the firewall?

Murlo26 03-29-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kracka (Post 402904)
Did you see the thread AMS made about running w/o a heatshield and burning the firewall?

Yep I posted in the one on evox and evom just to let people know to watch their firewall.

Someday I won't have problems :)

scheides 03-29-2012 08:36 PM

Dang busy beaver! Awesome!

Good to hear on the belt, keep us posted. IDK why you are having issues with the firewall, mine has not had this issue....do you like rod on the car and then not cruise around to let things cool down before you stop/park the car? Just curious.

Murlo26 03-29-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scheides (Post 402960)
Dang busy beaver! Awesome!

Good to hear on the belt, keep us posted. IDK why you are having issues with the firewall, mine has not had this issue....do you like rod on the car and then not cruise around to let things cool down before you stop/park the car? Just curious.

Must be ready for all events this year! I am sick of missing out on good times.

So got this installed...kinda.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...6/46cbbb9e.jpg

MAP heatshield, the pic makes the engine bay look even dirtier than it is lol...easily the fucking worst install for such a simple piece...ugh. I think they need to recommend only installing if you have stock manifold or no manifold on. I had to bend, push and force the shit out of this and its still not in fully. My car will be at MAP next friday and I will have them look, but for whatever reason I can only get 1 nut on there. The thing isn't going anywhere but its not right. I struggled and cursed a lot at this but the one runner that really pokes out on this manifold really caused issues with clearance on getting this in. Not fun at all lol. Not to mention i dropped a 14mm strut bar bolt in the engine bay which I had to jack up my car and pull part of the undertray off to get to :(

So while i was looking for my bolt I found this (amazed sticking my phone down in the bay got this pic this well):

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...6/8a9c21ab.jpg

Looks like the source of my oil drip/leak. What are those two connections with the banjo bolts? Good size pool there now.

Also, never noticed this, but is this how people should mount counterweights on nice wheels? I never had these before.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...6/c21e74a0.jpg

SHould I be pissed? Or is that the only way to balance them.

scheides 03-29-2012 11:15 PM

Those go to the oil cooler, they are banjo bolts, I'd say snug (1/16th turn if that, maybe 1/32nd...) them a bit and see if that fixes it, otherwise fresh copper washers and try-your-darndest to torque them properly w/o removing too much stuff.

Speedfreak 03-29-2012 11:32 PM

The weights are correct.

Murlo26 03-30-2012 12:27 AM

Yea, was just checking on the weights.

I will see if MAP can further check the leak out while the car is there for the new downpipe gasket.

turbotalon1g 03-30-2012 07:33 AM

You should go see my cousin, if whoever was balancing had 1/2 a brain they could put all the sticky weights on the inside lip of the wheel.

Kracka 03-30-2012 08:18 AM

The wheels are tape-weighted properly.

A//// Guy 03-30-2012 08:49 AM

Yep, just maybe tape off the wheel and spray them black if you want them to stand out less.

scheides 03-30-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A//// Guy (Post 402992)
Yep, just maybe tape off the wheel and spray them black if you want them to stand out less.

Or just let the Ferodos take care of that for you :D

Murlo26 03-30-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scheides (Post 402995)
Or just let the Ferodos take care of that for you :D

I like this plan. Honestly I feel like my car is turning into a beater. I never have the will to wash it and keep it pretty now. My new concern is just getting it mechanically sound etc. So with that in mind I will let brakes coat them :)

I did pick up a clay bar kit, which I have never ever used. What the hell do you do with these bars? lol

A//// Guy 03-30-2012 09:44 AM

Clay bar can be used for this: :bath:

Kracka 03-30-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murlo26 (Post 402997)
I did pick up a clay bar kit, which I have never ever used. What the hell do you do with these bars? lol

Much like using a bar of soap on your body in the shower, but instead of water acting as the lubricant, you use spray detailer. Honestly, just glide it along your paint in straight lines unless it goes from feeling gritty to smooth.

Murlo26 03-30-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kracka (Post 403000)
Much like using a bar of soap on your body in the shower, but instead of water acting as the lubricant, you use spray detailer. Honestly, just glide it along your paint in straight lines unless it goes from feeling gritty to smooth.

Sounds easy enough.