MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning/Electrical (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   A/F gauge hookup.. (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7047)

Swifty1638 04-01-2005 10:07 AM

A/F gauge hookup..

I searched, but no results..atleast, not what I was looking for. I was looking through vfaq, and saw there was a different way to hook up a A/F gauge, then tapping off of the o2 wire. But, the link for that is not found. Anyone know how to do this, and if i must tap off of the 02, then how can I? Which wire is it?

-A. Swift

P.S.- I know it's not accurate. It's not my method of tuning, but when the chicks dig the light show, i tend to give them a fricken light show!

carltalon 04-01-2005 10:20 AM

Re: A/F gauge hookup..

There should be a wire behind the passenger side kick panel you can splice into. i can get a pic of mine if you need it.

Kracka 04-01-2005 10:21 AM

I can't think of a single girl who I'd actually considering dating who would actually be impressed by a blinking LED light. To each their own. Hook it up to the power, ground, and o2 sensor wires on your ECU harnesses.

Swifty1638 04-01-2005 10:52 AM

Well, it's not dating..it's more a conversation piece..lol. I do need a pic. The link that the site had doesn't work. I wanna know how to do this correctly, the first time. Email it to me Anthony.Swift@comcast.net thanks!

-A. Swift

carltalon 04-01-2005 11:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
heres a pic you can see where I taped into the plug with a spade terminal

TheBlizzard 04-01-2005 11:17 AM

Or just got on vfaq.com and print out the directions and do it. Its pretty simple with the wiring diagram.

CRAIG

Swifty1638 04-01-2005 11:53 AM

So, it's that single wire, furtherst to the left?

Craig, I looked, but apparently the link no longer exists. Do you have it? I'd greatly appreciate it.

-A. Swift

Kracka 04-01-2005 12:57 PM

There are multiple ECU wiring diagrams all over the VFAQ, you can even get it from Apexi's website. The Apexi TT monitors o2 sensor voltage, use that wire for your worthless gauge that'll drive you nuts after 1 night (ask Cory, aka talontsi85).

TheBlizzard 04-01-2005 02:35 PM

http://www.vfaq.com/proj-pics/ECU/ecu-harness-1G.gif

There is the 1G ECU pinout above.

The #4 pin on the far right plug is the Oxygen Sensor wire. Tap into that and then you just have to find a power and ground. You can use either pins 101 or 106 for a ground. Power I will leave up to you because there are numerous places you can get power from. I can't remember the best one or the one I used but I am sure somone will.

Hope this helps.

CRAIG

Swifty1638 04-01-2005 02:49 PM

Thank yo usoo much craig. Now, will tapping off of any of those be a problem, cause this vehicle has safc, and tmo datalogging software? I don't want to interfer with those either..

-A. Swift

1slowdsm 04-02-2005 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TalonTSiDude
use that wire for your worthless gauge that'll drive you nuts after 1 night (ask Cory, aka talontsi85).

Haha...I had that problem after the first night, took me a week to get used to it and I dont even notice it anymore (waste of money, so far) I was on the edge of taking it back out.

On the other hand, it is good for conversations...And on the other hand of that, most of the people who ask dont know what the H*** you're talking about. (Oh..Ok!...Cool!..)thats what I get, haha.

Swifty1638 04-13-2005 10:49 PM

Where can I find the purple wire that runs off of the o2 sensor? My buddy's talon has it on the driver's side, next to the fusebox, and I cannot find it on my gsx. Also, what's more accurate, the 02, or the ecu? I know neither will yield anything to tune by, but I want something a little better then the other.

-A. Swift

DSMkel 04-13-2005 11:35 PM

Pointless mod.....

Swifty1638 04-14-2005 12:12 AM

take that outta the point. i ddont care if it's pointless or not..i have an extra spot in my gauge pod, and i am hookin up my spare af gauge.

-A. Swift

INTRIGUED 04-14-2005 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TalonTSiDude
worthless gauge that'll drive you nuts after 1 night (ask Cory, aka talontsi85).

If it was mounted lower under my radio im sure it wouldnt bother me as much. But when I bought the car it was up on the A-pillar and at night it was more or less annoying. So now pulled that out and.. I don't even know where it is.. come to think of it.. Chirs? lol Did you put it somewhere? Or did you seriously give it to my brother hahaha

Cory

Swifty1638 04-15-2005 01:28 PM

Well, i ran the green wire from the gauge off of that 4th pin..damn was that a b**** to wire up..no room! I then hooked the ground up, and ran the power, but when the car is on, it only is on the full rich..the light doesn't move back and forth like usual..I wonder if i should just run power straight from teh battery to it..

-A. Swift

Swifty1638 04-20-2005 05:33 PM

anyone got ideas? It's still jsut a stationary blue light, meaning full rich.

-A. Swift

Shane@DBPerformance 04-20-2005 07:37 PM

Well, if you wired it to the wrong wire at any point, you might have blown it out. The signal wire is meant to only handle up to 1 volt, so it you wired it into a 5V or 12V line, it might be dead.

Swifty1638 04-20-2005 08:05 PM

well, I ran the green signal wire, from the gauge straight to the pin 4 off of the ecu harness(it's a white wire-I tapped off of it) I ran the ground to a bolt right infront of the driver's side fuse box, and the power is tapped off of a wire i had through the firewall already, that was run straight from the battery...That wire originally ran to a switch..still does, but i tapped off of it for power to the gauge. I wonder if it's just that picky, that I mist run poewr to it seperate?

-A. Swift

LightningGSX 04-20-2005 08:47 PM

Ground it to the ECUs' ground(pins 101 or 106), could just be a ground loop issue