MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning/Electrical (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   AEM EMS????? DSMlink???? (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14000)

chickensoup 01-04-2007 08:32 PM

AEM EMS????? DSMlink????

well i was jus wonderin which one will be the best bang for the buck, and least trouble

Kracka 01-04-2007 08:34 PM

Re: AEM EMS????? DSMlink????

DSMLink.

Thor06 01-04-2007 08:38 PM

DSMlink > EMS unless you are building a super monster car. Link is what around $600 and the EMS is what like $1200?

chickensoup 01-04-2007 08:41 PM

are there any sites i can get DSMlink from ?? and are there any other needs if i buy i DSMlink btw i have a 97 gsx thanks for all the info so far any more would be grate

Kracka 01-04-2007 08:43 PM

You will need an EPROM ECU out of a '95 2G GST/X.

All of your questions regarding DSMLink will be answered at www.dsmlink.com

The most important part about modding a DSM that most people skip is to get the car dyno-tuned. Too many people slap on parts but never get the car properly tuned and then wonder why the car runs like shit, is slow, blows up, etc.

Halon 01-04-2007 08:54 PM

Pretty sure you can order it from any of the local vendors as well.

niterydr 01-05-2007 10:19 AM

We carry dsmlink.

DSMlink > AEM EMS in regarding price.

EMS> DSMlink in tuneability.

It really comes down to what you are doing with your car, and the budget you have for it. Also your comfort level tuning. (are you tuning and building the car? Are you building the car and having someone else tune it? Are you bringing the car and money to a shop and having them take care of everything for you).

Goat Blower 01-05-2007 11:42 AM

Tuning the EMS is not for the faint of heart, get the link, you'll be way happier.

v8klla 01-06-2007 10:56 AM

We can also get DSMlink, and it is a great choice for most applications...

turbotalon1g 01-06-2007 11:13 AM

Great info. ^
We know you sell stuff.
Dsmlink is great platform to learn, i am not stupid, but AEM is mind blowing compared to link and i am pretty handy with link.
If you want to learn about this yourself and you are somewhat good with cars i say DSMlink. I don't touch my tune once its done by swanny, no need. But i usually touch it up before he gets to it and last time i wasn't too far off.

If your a pro, and maybe know a lot then AEM.

If you want your car to be one of the top DSMs around get AEM.
Just don't mess with it after whoever tunes it is done.

Kracka 01-06-2007 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbotalon1g (Post 172970)
Great info. ^
We know you sell stuff.

Holy PMS, settle down Brownman. Swanny said he can get Link so Chris just chimed in saying he can get it too.

Shane@DBPerformance 01-06-2007 11:35 AM

I can get SAFC.

CDeutsch 01-06-2007 12:43 PM

Quote:

Why am I just learning this now? Shit, if an AEM is all it takes I can't beleive I pissed all that money away on a built motor, turbo, fuel system. Fack!

(just giving you crap man) :p

I liked my DSMLink (great product for the money).

LOL, at shane's SAFC comment.

Kracka 01-06-2007 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecoli (Post 172973)
I can get SAFC.

Can you get me the old-school single knob version? The 5-knob is nice, but its a little too complicated for me.

Halon 01-06-2007 01:13 PM

5-knob would be tits for the colt!

Shane@DBPerformance 01-06-2007 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S2kracka (Post 172985)
Can you get me the old-school single knob version? The 5-knob is nice, but its a little too complicated for me.

Sorry I can't. My supplier from 1989 ran out. But I could get you into a nice VPC setup. That has a single "gain" knob for tuning.

Kracka 01-06-2007 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecoli (Post 172988)
Sorry I can't. My supplier from 1989 ran out. But I could get you into a nice VPC setup. That has a single "gain" knob for tuning.

No thanks, I think I'll just buy one of these $20 eBay mods that'll give me 50 hp by adding a $.03 resistor to a wire.

turbotalon1g 01-06-2007 02:44 PM

I am not PMSing, just sick of people posting without using there brain.
We all know what MAP can do, they roll deep, turned up at multiple track days in MN and at the shootout.
Everyone should know that they can get anything they need from the 4 local shops on this board.
Use your brains people.
Tim - i am just saying that the tunability for more power is there with AEM over DSMlink, i have link and i doubt that i will be getting rid of it, unless i NEED too.
Shane's comment is the best by far, just cause one shop does/says something doesn't mean another one has to.
I mean if someone has a special and you like to shop that much, then give a call and see what the others can do for you.
End rant.
Good luck soup, in whatever you choose, but you should def. take time and looked for one used, if you are looking for link, let me know i am on their forums that i am sure only link users have access.

v8klla 01-06-2007 03:28 PM

Quote:

Great info. ^
We know you sell stuff.
Dsmlink is great platform to learn, i am not stupid, but AEM is mind blowing compared to link and i am pretty handy with link.
If you want to learn about this yourself and you are somewhat good with cars i say DSMlink. I don't touch my tune once its done by swanny, no need. But i usually touch it up before he gets to it and last time i wasn't too far off.

If your a pro, and maybe know a lot then AEM.

Just don't mess with it after whoever tunes it is done.

My comment was in response to Brandon's regarding local shops having access to DSMlink. Being that he is new to the board he may not know who the 4 local shops are, and contrary to your belief I doubt that he knows what products we sell. I'm sorry I couldn't contribute further, but I didn't have anything to add to the thread besides the fact that I can help him find and install the parts he desires :rolleyes:

By the way, welcome to the forums!

Chris Carey

DSM_421 01-06-2007 03:31 PM

I love you klla