MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Official MitsuStyle.com Topics (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Official 2005 Challenge Thread (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6303)

MATCHBX 01-28-2005 07:22 AM

Re: Challenge Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRAIG
Racing and DSM in a Honda is like running in the special olympics, even if you win your still retarded.

CRAIG

Too bad the Honda's are faster than the DSM's in the Nopi Nationals!!

Come on Allan, I'm driving the CRX in rallycross this year. You should have some chance against me. Also, Rochester's ground is going to be very hard. So I don't think we have to worry about ruts flipping cars.....

SuperSleeper 01-28-2005 07:25 AM

I'm calling out Cher, to show him why he doesn't like SC300s. ;)

TheBlizzard 01-28-2005 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awd1dr

Are they street legal? Shep runs mid 8s at 160+ and his car is still registered and is driven on the street from time to time.

Come on Eric, your a long member of a DSM site and you are going to stick up for the Hondas. Thats like coming out of the closet and saying your gay.;)

CRAIG

slowbubblecar 01-28-2005 08:34 AM

I wil be down for owning some hondas. I will show you why you should have modified the dsm and got rip of the honda. Hopefully I will be making around 400hp. ;)
James

Quote:

Originally Posted by 93BoostedAcclude
Anyone making 400whp range, preferebly AWD wanna get owned by a honda?? I would also prefer to go from a dig. No i didn't miss type anything. Can't wait to play catch up with some slow AWD's.

Any takers??

JET 01-28-2005 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghettostyle
I wil be down for owning some hondas. I will show you why you should have modified the dsm and got rip of the honda. Hopefully I will be making around 400hp. ;)
James

And you want to race me?? I was making ~450 whp 2 years ago! We have to get this one on video! HORT boys getting in over their head, once again!! The keyboard courage is going to lead to embarrasment at the track. Ahhh, justice!

john 01-28-2005 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JET
Hell, I ran a 13.6 in my winter beater (on snow tires and 16 psi, the only time it was at the track), and that is faster than you have ever ran!

I along with him have never ran at the track. We can set up some street race which is not as far away or something. I have had problems getting weekends off.

I will try and take on the honda, I will take (yes, take) Peter, and I am willing to race anyone when my car is ready (probly later spring). I am not afraid of losing. It is all in fun. There is always someone faster. I will run against a QPR car if Mike ever gets one running :)

john 01-28-2005 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JET
And you want to race me?? I was making ~450 whp 2 years ago! We have to get this one on video! HORT boys getting in over their head, once again!! The keyboard courage is going to lead to embarrasment at the track. Ahhh, justice!

Racing is fun. Everyone looses. It doesn't matter what you made two years ago Jet. This is 05. Hell, my car ran more that yours last year. If something gets fucked up again, there will be no racing at all. Lets see if you can back up your claim of a 650whp awd dsm you made a while back. I hope it is not on the 56 trim.

john 01-28-2005 09:10 AM

Also want to race the swanny mobile (if it ever runs) and ryan's galant. Hopefully Matt D. will get his car going also.

Jakey 01-28-2005 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 92tsiawd84
Lets see if you can back up your claim of a 650whp awd dsm you made a while back.

Good stuff! :p

Alpine TSi 01-28-2005 09:34 AM

Quote:

Also want to race the swanny mobile (if it ever runs) and ryan's galant. Hopefully Matt D. will get his car going also.

Well, if you are waiting for those cars, I will take you on. Even if I have to do it on the old shitty motor. And I am pretty sure Matt will say his car isn't set up for straight line racing, which the last time I looked at it, it really wasn't. Maybe this year third gear will be more forgiving to me.

Matt D. 01-28-2005 10:06 AM

Quote:

Hopefully Matt D. will get his car going also.

I'm not much for racing in a straight line, but I'd just like to trap at 130mph.

JET 01-28-2005 11:15 AM

Quote:

Racing is fun. Everyone looses. It doesn't matter what you made two years ago Jet. This is 05. Hell, my car ran more that yours last year. If something gets fucked up again, there will be no racing at all. Lets see if you can back up your claim of a 650whp awd dsm you made a while back. I hope it is not on the 56 trim.

Well, my other DSM ran more that yours, and was faster. Also, if you learn to read, I did not claim to have a 650 whp DSM, I said that is what I was aiming for. Also, in case you didn't know, a PTE 56 tim put down 605 whp on a 2.0. My plans have changed a little since then and I don't plan on doing much more to my DSM. I would be perfectly happy with anything over 575 whp. I am going to be moving to a bigger project with much more potential.

Maybe I just have a little respect for people. I won't try to race someone I know will wax me. I don't want them to waste their gas and risk breaking something when we both know they are going to beat me easily.

Raptor 01-28-2005 11:20 AM

Quote:

I along with him have never ran at the track. We can set up some street race which is not as far away or something. I have had problems getting weekends off.

I will try and take on the honda, I will take (yes, take) Peter, and I am willing to race anyone when my car is ready (probly later spring). I am not afraid of losing. It is all in fun. There is always someone faster. I will run against a QPR car if Mike ever gets one running :)

I might just have to get that laser fixed and beat you with that hahahaha. I have someone that wants to buy the blue shell, if he doesn't I am going to keep it and just push a little harder to get that car done. Depending on how much time I have, it could be done this year otherwise most likely next year. Now that I am the only one here, I have to put most all my time into customers work.

Shane@DBPerformance 01-28-2005 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awd1dr

The Nopi Nationals is a car show!! :)

Shane@DBPerformance 01-28-2005 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JET
Also, in case you didn't know, a PTE 56 tim put down 605 whp on a 2.0.

Who put down 605whp on a 2.0?

A//// Guy 01-28-2005 11:50 AM

John you can "take" me if you want, I have no problem with you beating me. If I wanted to go for the fastest car on this site why would I get a 20g? I just want a fun car this year.

My car will still always look better than your car too ;)

emiz 01-28-2005 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRAIG
Racing and DSM in a Honda is like running in the special olympics, even if you win your still retarded.

CRAIG

Agree'd

TheBlizzard 01-28-2005 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecoli
The Nopi Nationals is a car show!! :)

I guess he thinks Hondas are even faster when they are sitting still.:p

CRAIG

JET 01-28-2005 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecoli
Who put down 605whp on a 2.0?

My bad, it was 580 whp, but it was Buschur in their orange car. I believe it was at 28 psi too, but I obviously don't remember all of the details anymore ;)

slowHonduh 01-28-2005 12:42 PM

Yea honda's are gay, i'll admit that. It's all the damn ricers fault, they make guys like me look stupid. I'm just working with what i have. Modding the dsm would have been like starting from scratch, and although that would be fun as hell, i wanted to be running by spring time. And starting all over would have taken till mid summer to get the dsm where i would have wanted it. So i stuck with my honda. Next year it's going in a hatch.

On a side note. I'll also race any dsm from a roll that is making 550-600whp. hehe not joking either. I will make well over that, but puting it to the ground is a whole other story. But we will have to see. It's like learning how to drive all over again. Can't wait! :)