MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Brakes / Body / Suspension (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   So who paints? (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7851)

santa 06-12-2005 11:13 PM

So who paints?

So, Who paints cars around here?? Im looking for someone to fix a few small new rust spots on my car and paint the whole thing... Sometime in the future that is.

Kevin

john 06-12-2005 11:16 PM

Re: So who paints?

Erik, Lightninggsx can paint. If you have ever seen his eclipse, you would know he can. 90laserrst and his dad can paint also. I think there might be a few others as well.

santa 06-12-2005 11:27 PM

Oh I forgot to mention that I would like to know what just a normal paint job would cost?

Kevin

97GSXAWD 06-12-2005 11:50 PM

I too am looking to find someone that can paint well. The only place I have found that I have seen good work from is Advanced auto in Duluth. I was quoted between 3 and 5K depending on which paint PPG or HOK and the amount of other work that needs to be done. The hardest part is finding a shop that is willing to take a good amount of time for preping the car. If it's not preped right the paint will look like shit no matter what.

Chris

IneedaGSX 06-13-2005 12:22 AM

I know some one who is a painter but have not seen his work yeat, because he just graduated from wyotech. (For autobody)

Pimpin Dsmstyle 06-13-2005 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IneedaGSX
I know some one who is a painter but have not seen his work yeat, because he just graduated from wyotech. (For autobody)

Having school doesnt make you a painter. He was taught sure, but that doesn't mean he has the talent or experience.

Yea we paint cars but we do not create show cars. When I get pics up you will see what kind of jobs we do. I will show you the imperfections and all. He got a full color change for 2500 dollars. ( that wont happen again, major PITA). Body kits are fucking gay and I hope I never see one again. Rust repair is generally not THAT complicated but unless you get rid of the panel as a whole, it will be back someday.

DSM97RS 06-14-2005 06:04 PM

i paint, but i dont have access to booths, and mixers and everyhing until school starts again or i find a job doing bodywork.

Pimpin Dsmstyle 06-14-2005 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSM97RS
i paint, but i dont have access to booths, and mixers and everyhing until school starts again or i find a job doing bodywork.

chuck seems pretty good at this shit. Hit him up and figure something out. I got more shit than I have time to do for now haha.

Pimpin Dsmstyle 06-14-2005 06:07 PM

He has pictures somewhere on this board. He painted his car.

brently 06-14-2005 09:35 PM

I paint for a living at Raymond, and I also do side work. Actually just looking to start another project maybe.

santa 06-18-2005 08:40 PM

I'll be looking to get the car painted this coming up winter.

Kevin

LightningGSX 06-20-2005 01:26 AM

Scott Girnau (NSANE on here) owns a complete body shop.