MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Brakes / Body / Suspension (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Dr. ColorChip (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35502)

goodhart 10-11-2016 04:10 PM

Re: Dr. ColorChip

Do they make it in 5 gallon pail size? That's what I would need for my pos cars haha

A//// Guy 10-12-2016 08:40 AM

No before and after pics?? Post em up!

turbotalon1g 10-12-2016 08:54 AM

in for the pre and post pictures

Kracka 10-12-2016 09:23 AM

I didn't take any pictures. Imagine this though, a car with rock chips (black dots on a white car), then a car without chips (no black dots on a white car)!

:lol:

No gross paint blobs either like you'd get from a typical touch-up brush. If you use the squeegee right, the touch-up will be barely visible since its level and fills the chip in completely.

Hopefully Pat gets some pictures for you guys since he seems to enjoy photography.

Kracka 10-12-2016 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodhart (Post 462221)
Do they make it in 5 gallon pail size? That's what I would need for my pos cars haha

They advertise the $65 kit as including enough paint to fill hundreds of chips and I'd believe it; after using my kit twice the bottle is still nearly full.

tehehodi 10-12-2016 10:31 AM

I'll get you guys pictures and video possibly when I get my kit in. Might be better than the ol' potato camera phone.

Kracka 04-27-2017 06:57 AM

I got another bottle of the chip repair paint ordered. The white still seems fine from last year, but I wanted to also get it in Carbon Flash to repair the inevitable chips the splitter and sideskirts are going to get (yup, they already have a few). They warn that the metallic and pearl paints won't match as perfectly as solid colors, but it looks pretty dang close to me. Speaking of pearl, if I ever get the Volt back from the bodyshop I'll have to get a bottle ordered for that car too...

goodhart 04-30-2017 06:47 PM

Hey-zoos you still don't have that thing back?

Kracka 05-01-2017 06:55 AM

Nope, been over 2 months now. It was hit in late-February.

Kracka 06-24-2017 02:07 PM

I did the Corvette again today and continue to be impressed with this kit! I did white on the front bumper, a mirror, and a rocker. I then did the black carbon flash metallic on the sideskirt and front splitter and everything turned out great; matched perfectly. I might give it a try on the Volt tomorrow morning.

Kracka 06-26-2017 07:10 AM

I got the Volt done yesterday and am satisfied, but as they said, the tri-coat pearl won't be a perfect match with a single stage touch-up. It's "close enough" and definitely a whole lot better than a bare metal or primer rock chip! It's close enough that the small stone chips on the front bumper have basically become invisible.

A//// Guy 06-26-2017 11:49 AM

Which kit do you use? The squeegee kit or just the standard brush and wipe off kit?

Kracka 06-26-2017 01:27 PM

The Squirt N Squeegee kit is what I bought for the 'Vette, then for the Volt I just bought the little bottle of refill paint to use with the kit I already had. They claim the paint has a shelf life of 1 year, but my Corvette white bottle is 1 1/2 years old now and still worked fine.