MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Engine Oil (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195)

Kracka 09-09-2004 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 93laserawd@Jul 19 2004, 11:51 PM
Castrol GTX
...has wax in it...Castrol's new synthetics are very good, but I would stay way from their conventional oils.

JET 09-09-2004 08:39 PM

Alright, someone explain to me how your car cares which oil is in it? This theory seems like an old wives tale to me.

A//// Guy 09-09-2004 09:09 PM

There will still be oil leftover in the engine from brand A after a change. You switch to brand B and the oils might seperate and not flow together?? That would be my only concern. Like synthetic and then going to a regualr or vise versa. But I wouldnt think there would be enough oil seperation to cause any harm as oil will still flow no matter what.

Also switching back and forth could swell up your rubber seals throughout the engine because synthetic likes to seap through things because it is soo fine.

brrrnntsshhhh 09-09-2004 09:28 PM

yea im not quite sure about all of it, i got into this about a year ago but now forgot everything :x

Kracka 09-10-2004 12:12 AM

Everything oil has different types of molecule bonds and additive packages, each oil will have your engine wear in a certain way. Think of it this way, each oil will leave a certain grain (think wood-grain) in your engine, each time you switch oils it will wear that previous grain away and create a new one.

Super Bleeder!! 09-13-2004 07:13 PM

Mobil 1 :)

A//// Guy 09-13-2004 09:13 PM

NO. Unless you like it coming out of your engine at the opposite side you fill it. Unless all your engine seals are brand new.

Super Bleeder!! 09-13-2004 10:55 PM

works for me, sorry to hear your engine leaks

A//// Guy 09-13-2004 11:00 PM

Yep when I put that liquid seepage in there it does ;) Im sure most people who switch over to too. Actually my ening doesnt leak with mobil but it ticks like the night becuase mobil one sucks for lifter tick.

Super Bleeder!! 09-14-2004 12:16 AM

my engine doesn't leak or lifter tick, i guess i'm more 733+ than you ;)

Khadgar 09-14-2004 01:54 AM

When I switched to mobile one I had a leak for about a month or so until QPR replaced my clutch, I guess they also put in a new drain plug, I'm not sure what seals they replaced that might have fixed it but anyways. Now im at 120k with no leaks. :bounce:

A//// Guy 09-14-2004 09:01 AM

No you just dont have 200k on a head and block ;) ;)

Jakey 09-16-2004 10:17 PM

More interesting information: http://neptune.spacebears.com/cars/stories/mobil1.html

Pimpin Dsmstyle 10-23-2004 10:03 PM

i use napa 10w-30 normal shit 1 50 a quart or somehting. Beat that !!

Kracka 11-01-2004 03:11 PM

If you are looking for a cheap oil, use SuperTech from Walmart, it is $.84/qt and is nothing more than rebottled Penzoil, which is better than Napa (rebottled Valvoline).

Kracka 11-01-2004 03:16 PM

Here is a little more synthetic oil info for you people:

Castrol's new Syntec has superior protection properties over Mobil 1, but does not last as long. If you change your oil every 5k miles or sooner, you'll see no benefit to using Mobil 1, but if you stretch it to 10k or so I would use the Mobil 1. Not a bad idea to change the filter at 5k if you plan on running 10k or more between oil changes. Synthetic oil actually protects your engine better once it is slighty used (~3k miles)...in other words, more engine wear occurs when the oil is fresh out of the bottle. Color is no indicator to the oil's condition so just becuase it is black or a very dark brown does not mean it is worn out.

Pimpin Dsmstyle 11-02-2004 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TalonTSiDude
If you are looking for a cheap oil, use SuperTech from Walmart, it is $.84/qt and is nothing more than rebottled Penzoil, which is better than Napa (rebottled Valvoline).

think ill take you up on that idea heh

Kracka 11-03-2004 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daneboy5
I have used Royal Purple on all my cars/trucks since 1996. Before that I used Valvoline exclusively. I believe it is the best you can buy! I watched (in person) a bearing load test and Royal Purple won hands down above: Mobil 1, Redline, Valvoline, Amsoil, Castrol, etc.

Royal Purple has very good protection qualities straight from the bottle, but get even 1000 miles on it and it is far inferior than just about anything out there. Real tests have proven time and time again that that stuff is nothing more than hype in a bottle.

Shotgun! 11-07-2004 07:19 PM

Why are people still trying to argue? Ams oil is the devil. My father was involved in a class action lawsuit against them a while back. The company which my father works for had switched to AMSOIL for all their machines and robots. Everyone wore right the F-out. AMSOIL is still paying for them even now. I guess that's why their "oil" is so much money. Don't get me started on Quacker State (yeah that's how i spelled it). Bee's wax doesn't belong in you car. Rotella T or Mobil 1 or Castrol Syntec...take your pick.

Kracka 11-07-2004 10:29 PM

Anything produced in Superior, WI is the devil....guess where the Amsoil factory/HQ is? If you are just looking for a cheap oil for a DD or car that isn't pushed too hard, Chevron Supreme and/or Motorcraft are pretty tough to beat.