MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Good Guy / Bad Guy feedback (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Summit Racing (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32155)

Goat Blower 09-27-2012 07:28 PM

Summit Racing

Ordered a nice Kooks muffler to quiet up the GSX. Advertised as having a 20" cannister length. Perfect. Open up my box today, it's only 14" WTF? So after going through worthless customer service clowns, I end up with a $25 gift certificate and the wrong muffler if I want to install this weekend which I do.

I have to deal with the occasional unhappy customer at my work and I go out of my way to get things overnighted on our dime or the situation resolved satisfactorily, Summit wanted me to pay for overnight shipping for their mistake. Kiss my ass, I'm never buying anything at Scummit ever again.

Halon 09-27-2012 07:53 PM

Re: Summit Racing

Sucks about the way they're handling it.

Links to the muffler? I'm always interested to see what people are doing to quiet down their cars :)

turbotalon1g 09-27-2012 09:48 PM

Its a bit out of the way, but anything you want to order from scummit, go thru Duke's race shop in elk river, he will usually beat their pricing.

A few members commute past there might hook you up with picking up parts. Right by hi-tech on hwy 10 before 101.

JET 09-28-2012 08:35 AM

They get things out in a timely manner and have a lot of stuff in stock. The catalogs are great too for planning things out, but I agree their customer service could use some improvement. Jeg's is slightly better, but not much.

Goat Blower 09-28-2012 08:58 AM

Yeah, normally I would order through our local shops, but I wanted this quick and I knew they had it in stock.

Brandon, I ordered Kooks M300-14, supposedly a 4.25 diameter 3" straight though SS muffler with a 20" cannister length, I measured and found this would fit perfectly where the cat was. What I got was a 14" cannister length(duh, now looking at the part #, I should've questioned it) which would work fine, but I'm looking for as much noise suppression as possible, I don't think this is going to do it. Magnaflow has an 18" cannister but is 6" in diameter, it might hang down a bit farther than I'd like(one of my winter projects is to tuck the exhaust up as high as possible by modifying the hanger brackets). I'm undecided right now if I should just send this one back and get the right one, or keep it and see if it does what I like.

JET 09-28-2012 10:20 AM

Yeah, I really like the looks of those kooks mufflers, nice transition in and out. Let me know if it does much for sound suppression, I am looking to use those in my next application.

Goat Blower 09-28-2012 12:52 PM

It's funny, I was talking to Momin the other day about doing this and I think most of us that have been in this for a while all like the idea of a quiet sleeper these days. Other than the loud exhaust and tuning issues, I really like driving this old turd.

turbotalon1g 09-28-2012 01:04 PM

Loud street cars are silly.