MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning/Electrical (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   acf and tuning (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7498)

armthelaser 05-12-2005 08:29 AM

afc and tuning

Who is the best place for your money to get you car tuned? Chris gave me Shindleys email but he never responded, is there a phone # I can reach him at? Also where is the best place to buy electronics like an afc, ebay, or is there a local place I can get one?

Onefast99gsx 05-12-2005 08:49 AM

Re: acf and tuning

acf? or you mean afc? Yeah you can get them off ebay. I've sold a couple of them on there for $150 ea. not too long ago. If you decide to get one off ebay, do a search on s-afc If you do it on acf you won't find didly.

Good luck.

Matt D. 05-12-2005 09:12 AM

Just go to Elite and pay to have Shane tune it on the dyno.

Kracka 05-12-2005 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D.
Just go to Elite and pay to have Shane tune it on the dyno.

Yeah, that is the best choice, but then they'll also have to pay to have the VC swapped and that combined with tuning can get pretty pricey. Schindley won't give you the best tune for power, but at least the car will be plenty driveable and decent. If you feel confident about swapping in a welded VC yourself by all means have the car dynotuned instead. I'd offer to do it on the street for you since you live so close to me, but dumbass me went and put the batteries in my Palm backwards and corupted my Pocketlogger software. After reinstalling it, I realized I no longer have the registration codes for it since I sold the logger and cable.

Anyways, here is Schindley's number: (763) 263-2713

dsm10sec 05-12-2005 01:24 PM

Why even bother getting the VC swapped? Just go to the AWD dyno @ RS Motors.

At-Least-It's-An-Evo 05-12-2005 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsm10sec
Why even bother getting the VC swapped? Just go to the AWD dyno @ RS Motors.

Good idea! They are so great at tuning DSMs.

Pimpin Dsmstyle 05-12-2005 01:42 PM

::EDIT:: happy? Chill out. And further more, would you prefer someone like shane tuning ( proven himself to be a swell tuner) or some person not NEARLY familiar with the cars?

Matt D. 05-12-2005 01:57 PM

I'd have to agree, RS Motors hasn't proven that they can tune DSMs yet.
Quote:

Originally Posted by 90lazerRST
thats not a real AWD dyno anyways.

Please tell everyone why that is not a real AWD dyno.

Pimpin Dsmstyle 05-12-2005 01:59 PM

im pretty sure 1 set that rolls just ROLLS, doesnt measure anything. I wouldn't feel right dynoing my car there, so I couldn't prove anything. My friend said that the one set rolls free just making it easier to throw on an AWD.

Pimpin Dsmstyle 05-12-2005 02:02 PM

also, from people I know dynoing there.. They claim they put down 15-20 more HP on other dynos. There are more variables, but i guess the way ron has it calibrated isnt accurate for weight. Again, this is what I was told by people that own hondas. Ive never been in there myself beyond the front door. Wasnt very comfortable talking to someone about why hondas are so great? lol, i left.

illusioneclipse 05-12-2005 02:14 PM

Yeah, go to elite. I had them tune my car twice and each time it ran perfect.

Matt D. 05-12-2005 02:32 PM

Quote:

im pretty sure 1 set that rolls just ROLLS, doesnt measure anything. I wouldn't feel right dynoing my car there, so I couldn't prove anything. My friend said that the one set rolls free just making it easier to throw on an AWD.

You are an idiot. For AWD cars they slide a coupling that connects the front and rear rollers by means of a big belt. The front set of rollers has to be locked at some ponit for FWD/RWD cars otherwise they'd never be able to make it over them to get onto the main rollers.
Quote:

also, from people I know dynoing there.. They claim they put down 15-20 more HP on other dynos. There are more variables, but i guess the way ron has it calibrated isnt accurate for weight. Again, this is what I was told by people that own hondas. Ive never been in there myself beyond the front door. Wasnt very comfortable talking to someone about why hondas are so great? lol, i left.

The Mustang dyno is loaded by some sort of clutch or electromagnet to prevent the rollers from moving. It's a constant load, unlike a Dynojet dyno which is basically just a huge flywheel, the only load put on the car is the drum's own mass and inertia. Which would you rather use? I'm not saying one is better or worse than the other, it's basically apples and oranges. Ron "calibrates" the dyno for each car, all he asks for is the estimated weight of the car, enters it into the computer and it sets the appropriate load.

You've been told once before and I'm telling you again, please educate yourself before spewing worthless shit.

dsm10sec 05-12-2005 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NonTurboSpoolinGuest
Good idea! They are so great at tuning DSMs.

As with ANY shop, I won't let them touch jack. I do my own tuning, which is probably why I don't care how crappy they are at tuning or what they specialize in.

Kracka 05-12-2005 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsm10sec
As with ANY shop, I won't let them touch jack. I do my own tuning, which is probably why I don't care how crappy they are at tuning or what they specialize in.

So how fast is your car really?

Kracka 05-12-2005 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D.
You are an idiot.

You've been told once before and I'm telling you again, please educate yourself before spewing worthless shit.

Thank you Matt.

Pimpin Dsmstyle 05-12-2005 03:10 PM

It isnt quite accurate was the ENTIRE message I was trying to send. When someone makes within 5 hp with similar conditions at 3 different dynos, then goes there and makes 15 or so less, something is wrong. And he sure as hell didnt ask them for weight, he asked year make model and used the weight from whatever source he used.

Ill im saying is the majority of people on this site go to elite for the same common reason, the tuner and its "accuracy".

Kracka 05-12-2005 03:25 PM

It is a widely know fact that Mustang dynos read lower than Dynojets; does that make the Mustang dyno inaccurate or is it your ricer benchracing self that just assumes that since it won't make you look quite as manly? For God's sake, Matt already spelled it out for you, would a picture help?

Matt D. 05-12-2005 03:35 PM

Quote:

It isnt quite accurate was the ENTIRE message I was trying to send. When someone makes within 5 hp with similar conditions at 3 different dynos, then goes there and makes 15 or so less, something is wrong. And he sure as hell didnt ask them for weight, he asked year make model and used the weight from whatever source he used.

Ill im saying is the majority of people on this site go to elite for the same common reason, the tuner and its "accuracy".

No dyno is any more or less accurate than another, they all have their errors. Each dyno can be adjusted in different ways that can all effect the outcome. This isn't an exact science, it's merely a ballpark figure that we're looking at. It's a known fact that Dynojets, Mustangs and Dynapacks all display different readings.

armthelaser 05-12-2005 07:21 PM

Thanks Matt and Chris....

How much roughly would you say a dyno tune at elite usually costs for an awd?

1slowdsm 05-12-2005 09:27 PM

Good question! I was just about to ask that...:D ! I'm planning on having my car tuned by them in the near future also...

Just gonna interrupt this thread really quick. When installing an AFC...do you need to solder anything together? Found two sites on installing an AFC: ONE from Vfaq and ONE from Plymouthlaser.com. PM me....

Back to Main Topic...:D