MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Project Talk (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   beaterX project thread (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26571)

Halon 05-18-2010 05:10 PM

Re: beaterX project thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbotalon1g (Post 340481)
^why u hate us northerners?

Because we don't own Evo's, duh! :D

mlomker 05-18-2010 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbotalon1g (Post 340502)
Getting owned by someone that actually has experience and is doing it. sounds about right.

Scheides and I both made accurate statements. A crushed stocker is good to 27-28 (varies for everyone) and that would be rather low for an E85 tune. I didn't even bother doing anything with my stock BOV or wga since I knew I wouldn't have the stock turbo for very long.

turbotalon1g 05-18-2010 06:17 PM

I'll take some advice from some of those wiser than myself and get to the point.

Stop rewriting shit you find on the internet and posting it here, if you do, then say from what I have read/the shit I have seen on other forums say xxx is good for xxx and to be honest even then unless its some new hotness its probably useless info.

I think that badging would look good on teh black because of the subtlety.

Murlo26 05-18-2010 06:48 PM

Geez lets get off this topic again...who cares. My stocker crushed held 27.5psi at redline on my FPred, peaked at 33psi. I am sure it was leaking some though, those are high levels.

mlomker 05-18-2010 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbotalon1g (Post 340516)
Stop rewriting shit you find on the internet and posting it here

Where do you think scheides gets the ideas for the things that he has done to this car? The wastegate mod has been talked about for a long time on the forums. The bluetooth install was on the forums. Do you think he figured out the electrical pinouts and the install on his own?

I've answered at least a couple questions for him about the X that vendors didn't know the answer to. I'm tired of your attitude so keep it to yourself.

turbotalon1g 05-18-2010 08:53 PM

lol. I'm not going anywhere.

So scheides since you have the alky for sale, will you be going E85?

scheides 05-18-2010 10:26 PM

Play nice everyone :). No plans for alky or e85 for this car yet, just want to see what it will do on pump gas and a good parts combo.

Matt D. 05-18-2010 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbotalon1g (Post 340502)
Still talking about shit u have no idea about? no problem.
Getting owned by someone that actually has experience and is doing it. sounds about right.

I'm just ribbing you big man, I like that CF evo X decal thing.
Hows that drive every day? 25psi? how long will that last? :sasmokin:

The last time I checked he owns an Evo X and you don't. Stop posting like a jackass already.

polishmafia 05-19-2010 08:42 AM

Get the badges like you had on the old Evo. It was damn good looking. Maybe before you throw it on, shoot it with a light tint to darken it up a bit. I think that would look very cool.

scheides 05-21-2010 08:52 AM

So, what else can go wrong? The battery is only putting out 10.5v now, woohoo! I still have the stock battery from my evo8, it seems to be in good shape so I'm going to toss that in there until I decide if I want to put a mini battery in this thing or a big red-top for extra long music-while-hanging-out power.

This week has been crazy at work, but somehow karma was nice to me and inbetween running around fridley/St. Anthony for client stuff (I'm normally way out in Eden Prairie), I was able to drop the car off and pick it up from Custom Soft Trim. These guys do seriously professional work. The pics are just iphone quality, sorry, but I'll post up better pics once the leather has tightened up a bit--they said it would take a few weeks, and from pics of other people's cars I've seen, I believe it.

So yea, latest mod, heated front seats and black leather and perforated leather on all seats, door panels, and armrests.

http://i.imgur.com/muCZK.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rX53X.jpg

The headliner of this car is all effed up from the previous owner. Looking at it, IDK if cleaning will really even fix everything. Thankfully, I found a solution, hopefully I'll be able to get it done sometime this summer (post BBX I think).

Hoping to get some time to wrench on the car tonight, I picked up a few goodies this week, and figured out a few things that will fit from the evo8 onto the X.

311evo 05-21-2010 09:02 AM

Holy crap, that interior looks good. I really need to get something like thatdine to my car. The seats and doors aren't in the greatest shape. :-/

lookin good. I also like the badge idea.

rose0529 05-21-2010 09:05 AM

Looks awesome! I cant wait to see it in person. Almost up to MR-T with manual Should be better than one when you get done!!!

Kracka 05-21-2010 09:08 AM

Very nice. Definitely should have at least been an option.

Jaei Sun 05-21-2010 09:09 AM

Noice! That interior looks great.

turbotalon1g 05-21-2010 10:44 AM

Nice, how much was that I've always wanted to get it done. I'll be wrenching myself hopefully.

TkrPerformance 05-21-2010 11:04 AM

very nice

A//// Guy 05-21-2010 11:40 AM

Totally pimp!

scheides 05-21-2010 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A//// Guy (Post 340981)
Totally pimp!

Not jiiimp yet though, gotta keep going :)

craig 05-21-2010 11:58 AM

Looks good now your ass can burn in the summer and winter.

A//// Guy 05-21-2010 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scheides (Post 340982)
Not jiiimp yet though, gotta keep going :)

Yeas excite!