MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning/Electrical (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   cutting extra wires. bad idle now.. great. (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28370)

SpyderGSX07 11-03-2010 09:30 AM

cutting extra wires. bad idle now.. great.

i have a 97 eclipse spyder. converted to manual. converted to 2.4l turbo. converted to awd. i have a 96 automatic wiring harness. 96 head. 97 block. 95 transmision and rear end. now, i wanted to clean up the engine bay even more what i have and ended up snipping something that is important. after cutting about 5 clusters of wiring that weren't plugged into anything. i have a rough idle. it sounds like a miss. and it is heavy on a gassy smell. now what the hell did i cut that isn't used on the eclipse 2g wiring harness that could give me problems!

Alpha D 11-03-2010 12:27 PM

Re: cutting extra wires. bad idle now.. great.

This might just be a pain. If you still have the connector/connectors. I would look at a pin out for each connector and see what each of the wires did, meaning what purpose they served. Takes a couple minutes once you find the lay out which is the pain to find. Good luck! I assume youve done the basic diagnostics Boost leak test etc check codes. . . Post some pictures. . .:D i might be able to print out some stuff on All Data for you depending on what you find location of the connectors and stuff.

DoughtCom 11-03-2010 12:28 PM

Are you sure you didn't cause a vacuum leak or move something around? If you just cut off connectors I see no reason this would cause your issues if any at all.

SpyderGSX07 11-03-2010 01:19 PM

i know thats what im sayin!! but no, i did not take anything off and everything worked great before i went slaughter happy... ok here are the pics of the connectors that i cut off.

SpyderGSX07 11-03-2010 01:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here are the connectors that were not connected to anything. now the big 12 point on the left was connected to my automatic transmission. it is looped already for the safety-neutral switch so that it can start. it starts. but runs like sh*t.... and there are 3 little connectors on the top of the picture. those 3 little connectors were taped up already from when i pulled the harness. in the engine bay, they sit high in the middle of the fire wall. do those connectors ever get connected? what are they used for? all of the other 2g engine bays i have seen do not have them 3 connected either...

95talonracer 11-03-2010 06:24 PM

Why did you cut all of that? It hides easy with not cutting any of it. Im 99% aure that you have to leave that stuff plugged in without dsmlink otherwise thats where you will get your issues with idle and drivability. Is your CEL on?

SpyderGSX07 11-03-2010 08:28 PM

leave what stuff plugged in. there is nothing to plug in. unless you are talking about those 3 little connectors on top. and it just cleans it up that much more.

95talonracer 11-03-2010 09:51 PM

Leave the solenoids plugged in to make it run correctly. You cant unplug the wires, just unplug the vacuum lines.

95talonracer 11-03-2010 09:53 PM

Those other 2 wires are used for setting timing which you will need, also I would leave the iacv hooked up to run right but some may prefer looks over performance.

SpyderGSX07 11-03-2010 10:50 PM

i did not UNPLUG anything kerry. the wires that are just hanging there, doing nothing. example. my ac compressor connector. i decided to snip. i didnt think that i needed them just hanging around the engine bay. but i guess i got a little crazy and snipped some shit that shouldn't of been cut. ya i do prefer my timing to be off. it sounds like a subaru this way. lol. i'm just trying to fix my mistakes and learn some shit. also. there is no CEL light on.

goodhart 11-03-2010 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyderGSX07 (Post 364491)
ya i do prefer my timing to be off. it sounds like a subaru this way. lol. i'm just trying to fix my mistakes and learn some shit. also. there is no CEL light on.

Are you serious?

SpyderGSX07 11-04-2010 10:10 AM

no i was kidding. i was being sarcastic. why would anyone want their timing off.

SpyderGSX07 11-04-2010 12:49 PM

got it fixed. it WAS those 3 little connectors on top. THANKS!

Alpha D 11-04-2010 11:47 PM

Glad you got it figured out. Lesson well learn check wiring before barbering.

SpyderGSX07 11-05-2010 05:05 PM

BUMP

DoughtCom 11-05-2010 05:08 PM

Why are you bumping a thread that's been solved? I'm confused.

SpyderGSX07 11-06-2010 09:45 AM

lol i dont know what bump even means.

mnnice 11-06-2010 11:05 AM

bump is short for bring up my post.(to the top) this is resolved no bumping nessary

311evo 11-06-2010 03:39 PM

lol, wtf.

SpyderGSX07 11-06-2010 04:33 PM

haha ok i got it now, sorry