MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   How did this hole get here?? (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10317)

96 Gsx Awd 02-07-2006 07:12 PM

How did this hole get here??

i have done some research but still dont know as why a rod shot through my block?? any ideas?? i wasent even going too fast about 95:)

Shotgun! 02-07-2006 08:02 PM

Re: How did this hole get here??

Did you have your cruise on?

This does just happen in DSMs. Ask Rabe.

niterydr 02-07-2006 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Wulf

Cruise has taken 2 out for me. (dsm's).

Goat Blower 02-07-2006 09:38 PM

I remember seeing that once, right after he tried keeping up with me running 28 pounds of boost on pump gas. Doh.

Shotgun! 02-07-2006 11:47 PM

Cruise destroys DSMs

unreal808 02-08-2006 12:06 AM

I use my cruise, and have used it for over eight years on the same car same engine, but I do have big rods sitting under 2G pistons :-) 1990 stock rods anyway.

Shotgun! 02-08-2006 12:29 AM

Neat. You better be knocking on wood right now. Infact, get a wood dash-inlay. You will need that.

s1ngletracker 02-08-2006 07:55 PM

wait... can someone explain to me why cruise takes them out?

FattyBoomBatty 02-08-2006 08:00 PM

it actually turns into a deisel and the computer adds or subtracts fuel depending on load, it does nothing to the throttle. maybe.

cudvig 02-08-2006 08:33 PM

Yeah, cruise sucks!

-Colin

Wizard 02-08-2006 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FattyBoomBatty
it actually turns into a deisel and the computer adds or subtracts fuel depending on load, it does nothing to the throttle. maybe.

Actually the only thing it controls is the throttle. Hence the box that is attached to the throttle cables known as the cruise unit. The only way I could see cruise causing engine problems is by pushing in the clutch and the engine not releasing the cruise hold. This is not the cruise control's fault necc. There is a switch on your clutch pedal that disengages the cruise. Also, if your motor can't handle a second of rev-limit or high rpms....it was probably on it's way out anyways.

Wiz

cudvig 02-08-2006 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wizard
Actually the only thing it controls is the throttle. Hence the box that is attached to the throttle cables known as the cruise unit. The only way I could see cruise causing engine problems is by pushing in the clutch and the engine not releasing the cruise hold. This is not the cruise control's fault necc. There is a switch on your clutch pedal that disengages the cruise. Also, if your motor can't handle a second of rev-limit or high rpms....it was probably on it's way out anyways.

Wiz

Holy cow this guy is wayyyyy smart!

Way to be a newb to the board.

-Colin

niterydr 02-08-2006 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s1ngletracker
wait... can someone explain to me why cruise takes them out?

Inside joke. Its just coincidence that so many have went under low load/cruise conditions.
Both of mine were oiling related (cruise=music=loud=not paying attention to motor).

x-pride 02-08-2006 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niterydr
Inside joke. Its just coincidence that so many have went under low load/cruise conditions.
Both of mine were oiling related (cruise=music=loud=not paying attention to motor).

You have a radio in your car!

niterydr 02-08-2006 09:58 PM

I have a full audio system and will have A/C before it runs.

96 Gsx Awd 02-13-2006 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Wulf

no i did not have my cruise on

1slowdsm 02-14-2006 11:11 AM

damn, I'm not gonna be using my cruise anymore. I have enough problems as it is.

TurboDomestics 02-15-2006 02:28 AM

I have no cruise or radio! :)

tpunx99GSX 02-16-2006 03:20 PM

I have no cruise or airbags. I was feeling horny one night so i decided to molest my steering wheel. Now i have a hole in the center of my steering wheel and my cruise is not hooked up and i have no airbag. DAMN THESE HORMONES!!!!