MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Project Talk (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Winter Beater Crisis (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34655)

awd laser 09-21-2014 01:58 PM

The Winter Beater Crisis

4 Attachment(s)
Whats up guys, with winter right around the corner I made the decision to pick up a winter beater so I can store my 97 tsi. I wanted to find a new daily driver and leave the 2g as a weekend car/track car. What I ended up buying was no winter beater. I couldn't say no when I came across this car. No rust at all! It has a few dents from hail damage but not too bad.

93 TSI awd 5speed
125,000 miles on chasis
6bolt swapped with 7,000 miles on stock rebuild
Act 2100 Clutch with fidanza lightweight flywheel
3in turbo back exhaust
ebay 16g

I guess the 2g will have to be the winter beater now...

tehehodi 09-21-2014 02:05 PM

Re: The Winter Beater Crisis

Step one: admit you have a DSM problem.

Looks clean dude!

goodhart 09-21-2014 02:11 PM

Buy a Honda for a beater, store both

awd laser 09-21-2014 02:25 PM

I wish I could afford another car lol I wanted a dsm for the awd snow fun! I'll try to convince my sister that she doesn't need her camry for winter since she lives on campus.

goodhart 09-21-2014 02:37 PM

Or sell it to me :)

C3L1CA 09-21-2014 11:30 PM

Was that the one stupid cheap on fb?

I was tempted to try and get it but saw there was a long list that already posted, including you guys

Kracka 09-22-2014 08:19 AM

Sell me your 2G talon and use that money to buy a true winter beater :)

dsmDolney 09-22-2014 10:54 AM

I want. Thing looks sooo clean
I also bought another dsm for a winter car lol because of the awd also

AwdGSX13 09-22-2014 01:16 PM

Looks nice, I just bought a Black rust free 94 I am pretty excited about. Can I ask why you paid for it?

Halon 09-22-2014 02:04 PM

Looks clean, not what I'd call a winter beater though.

s1ngletracker 09-22-2014 02:12 PM

1g DSMs are great winter cars! Enjoy driving it. Cars were meant to be driven.

goodhart 09-22-2014 10:29 PM

It's a little different when it's a 20+ year old car that is very rare to find in this condition in this area. It's a shame to kill something this nice with salt.

awd laser 09-23-2014 10:57 AM

I only got to see the car for a few hours before having to come back to Duluth. I know there are dents from hail but other than that I'm sure the car has been repainted before. Is there a DIY way of popping out the dents?

1g&srt 09-23-2014 12:40 PM

My old car!!! I sold this to a member named chengy on here 2 years ago for $3200. A week after I sold it to him he tried to re-sell it on craigslist for $5500. I'm glad it stayed around and hope you have big plans. The car was incredibly clean when I had it. Good luck with it!

1g&srt 09-23-2014 01:18 PM

http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31784
Here's the original link for when I sold it. It Has a more detailed list of mods. You should start a build thread on it. I had to sell it and my boat to clear room in the garage, and free up some cash for a new baby. If you ever decide to sell it let me know.

dsmDolney 09-23-2014 01:49 PM

I agree with mike. It would be bad to kill something that clean over the winter. If you do daily it wash it everyday really good please

Kracka 09-23-2014 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s1ngletracker (Post 449278)
1g DSMs are great winter cars! Enjoy driving it. Cars were meant to be driven.

This. Keep a good coat of wax on it and wash it frequently and you'll have no trouble keeping it nice. My dad's 2004 GTO has 145k miles on it and has been driven every winter since new and could still pass for nearly showroom condition inside and out (he's selling it this coming spring, if anyone wants a heads-up).

DSMINMN 09-23-2014 07:08 PM

I wanted this thing in the worst way before I went and got my truck! Wanna' trade for a '94 Colt? lol Perfect winter beater! Hahaha

Beautiful car.

awd laser 09-24-2014 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1g&srt (Post 449314)
Here's the original link for when I sold it. It Has a more detailed list of mods. You should start a build thread on it. I had to sell it and my boat to clear room in the garage, and free up some cash for a new baby. If you ever decide to sell it let me know.

Thanks for the link! Are the valve springs and retainers stock? But yes I'll start a build thread on it once i'm finished with the 2g. Right now I'm thinking about putting the hx35 on the 2g since it has the race trans and throwing the e316g onto the 1g.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kracka (Post 449317)
This. Keep a good coat of wax on it and wash it frequently and you'll have no trouble keeping it nice. My dad's 2004 GTO has 145k miles on it and has been driven every winter since new and could still pass for nearly showroom condition inside and out (he's selling it this coming spring, if anyone wants a heads-up).

If I do decide to drive it I will be sure to put a good coat of wax and maybe spray the underbody with a protective coating.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSMINMN (Post 449321)
I wanted this thing in the worst way before I went and got my truck! Wanna' trade for a '94 Colt? lol Perfect winter beater! Hahaha

Beautiful car.

Maybe if the colt was awd lol

awd laser 09-24-2014 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1g&srt (Post 449314)

The transmission still grinds, idle surge is still there along with the boost leaks. Good thing we have 2 spare transmissions in the garage. A big problem I'm having right now is the damn alarm. How do you disable this thing or do you have the remote for it? We can't hook the battery up without the alarm going off.