MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Brakes / Body / Suspension (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Wide body kit help (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10076)

gstjoker 01-17-2006 08:54 PM

Wide body kit help

Guys! Have you guys seen this body kit? I'm pretty sure you have. It's on ebay. Now, I haven't seen anybody here in MN with that body kit at all and I want to make that one of my future plans to my 96 gst eclipse. What do you think? Has anyone experienced anything bad with this body kit? Give me your thoughts. Here's the link to ebay's item:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-99...QQcmdZViewItem

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...Edragon_FB.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...dragon_FB1.jpg

Jakey 01-17-2006 09:16 PM

Re: Wide body kit help

Are you going to install it yourself? If you need advice, you may want to ask around about the Tom Ferlaak Wood Screw method.

JET 01-17-2006 09:47 PM

Wow, that is one of the most hideous things I have ever seen! That is going to be a bitch to install and you are going to have to drill holes into your fenders. It is going to look like shit if you install it yourself.

Goat Blower 01-17-2006 10:10 PM

If you want to be laughed at and lose any value your car HAD, buy that kit. I've yet to see a kit that doesn't have half inch gaps everywhere. A DSM is a performance car, body kits are for young asian kids with Hondas and cheap home hair dye kits.

PSI2HI 01-17-2006 10:10 PM

I have a 98 Spyder @ the shop w/ that kit right now, it's a 13 Quewse (sp?) wide body kit. Be prepared for one huge body shop bill to have it installed and the car resprayed.

AJ 01-17-2006 10:35 PM

I saw a car that had a version of that kit with the front nose thing trimmed flat with the car at the SO one year and it looked fucking awesome to me. He may of trimmed a few lines a bit, but the front end being cleaned up really made it look 100% better. It was a pretty simple gloss black paint job as well so it didn't stand out much. I'm sure it cost a shit load either way, unless your able to to most fo the hands on work yourself and do it right.

gstjoker 01-17-2006 11:16 PM

No, I was planning to get it possibly molded on at the shop. But seeing as how expensive you guys make it sound. Ha! Think I'm just going to head back to the performance part.

I have a 96 GST and it has that smily face front bumper, and I kind of don't like it. I'm just thinking of ways to make it look better. I thought about doing the 96 to 97-99 body conversion. Any suggestions to that or disagrement to that?

x-pride 01-17-2006 11:17 PM

One word "Ricer". Sorry I have not seen one DSM with a nice body kit. I think they look good from the factory. I would just use the money and do more performance upgrade on your car. That is just my opinion.

blageo23 01-17-2006 11:44 PM

If you did get that body kit... I wouldnt go with fiberglass I have heard storys of cracking and one little hit and its gone, get polyurethane. Also To have that body kit it looks like you will need the 97-99 bumper(s). So I would just say do a 97-99 and be done with it. They look HOTT! Just my opinions.
Mike

MATCHBX 01-18-2006 07:36 AM

One advantage to that kit, the extra weight would keep the front wheels from spinning. So I guess you could call it a "performance mod."

Still ugly in my opinion.

JET 01-18-2006 07:52 AM

Yeah, I would do the 97-99 conversion and spend more money on performance parts.

Outlaw1 01-18-2006 08:08 AM

Wtf?

1slowdsm 01-18-2006 11:05 AM

I'd also say use the money on performance mods. But it's your car, so do what you want with it. I haven't seen many nice body kits for DSMs, especially for the 1G's.

Goat Blower 01-18-2006 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gstjoker
No, I was planning to get it possibly molded on at the shop. But seeing as how expensive you guys make it sound. Ha! Think I'm just going to head back to the performance part.

I have a 96 GST and it has that smily face front bumper, and I kind of don't like it. I'm just thinking of ways to make it look better. I thought about doing the 96 to 97-99 body conversion. Any suggestions to that or disagrement to that?

Thank you, you've saved us all. 97-99 conversion is pretty simple and doesn't cost that much. You might even get lucky and find the parts in your matching color so no paintwork. You ned the headlights as well as the bumper.

SlowWhite 01-18-2006 03:27 PM

Well I've seen that kit on a few cars on the Net and personally if done correctly it looks bad ass. (like allan said) But like everyone else here the cost to install it is going to be expensive. You "MUST" have it molded to the car in order for it to look good. And then you have to have the car re-painted.

I personally Like the body kit I have on my car. (rear end could be changed but I have yet to find one that would look better) Anyrate it's all fiberglass, and yes it will crack if you hit something hard enough (but for me it's always been an easy fix... get some epoxy and your good to go) I have a white car so it's easy enough to paint and make it look "OK" nothing special but at least it's better then primer.

Anyrate I had a 1996 GST and I currently have a 1995 GSX. And I'm with you I HATE the Stock front end on those cars. Personally if you want something easy.

I've always like the 97-99 Talon Front End with the 97-99 Eclipse Sides/Rear.

Kracka 01-18-2006 03:32 PM

'97-98 Talon with '95-96 Talon sideskirts looks really good too.

A//// Guy 01-18-2006 07:43 PM

^^ That is the best 2G combo I have seen.

cudvig 01-18-2006 08:19 PM

yeah body kits are gay, even more so when they are "wide body" when you dont even have a need for a wide body, your not making enough power with your BOV and muffler. sorry....

Jakey 01-18-2006 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S2kracka
'97-98 Talon with '95-96 Talon sideskirts looks really good too.

I've never seen a picture of that combo. Do you happen to know where there is one?

Shotgun! 01-18-2006 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakey
I've never seen a picture of that combo. Do you happen to know where there is one?

Use your head or come to MN and see Jims car.