MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Brakes / Body / Suspension (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Help Me!!! (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19480)

GsXtUrBo98 05-16-2008 10:16 PM

Help Me!!!

I'm having alot of problems with my sun roof leaking! Before it would leak a little and you couldn't tell, but now its leaking bad and I have a puddle under my passenger seat.

The left side track was loose and the screw's that tighten down the glass were stripped. So I met up with evomike and bought a sun roof from him and I installed it today into my car.

It leaks worse now then it did before! its all tight and all of the drain hoses aren't clogged or anything but it still seems to leak. Any thoughts????????

Another question: If you hold a garden hose ontop of the sun roof with it on, after a while is it suppose to leak because your flooding it or should it hold no matter what!?!?!?!?

Kracka 05-16-2008 10:49 PM

Re: Help Me!!!

If everything is working properly the sunroof should not leak no matter what. BUT, with that said, Mitsubishi makes really crappy sunroofs than leak wind noise and water after only a few years sometimes. You can try greasing the seal with some grease, but more than likely you're going to need a replacement seal.

This is a good time to mention to everyone:
Keep your trunk, hood, sunroof, door, and window seals greased! This will help prevent wind and water leakage as the seals age. Honda sells a good grease call Shinitsu that works well.

gofastman 05-17-2008 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kracka (Post 241244)
If everything is working properly the sunroof should not leak no matter what. BUT, with that said, Mitsubishi makes really crappy sunroofs than leak wind noise and water after only a few years sometimes. You can try greasing the seal with some grease, but more than likely you're going to need a replacement seal.

This is a good time to mention to everyone:
Keep your trunk, hood, sunroof, door, and window seals greased! This will help prevent wind and water leakage as the seals age. Honda sells a good grease call Shinitsu that works well.

so true, syl glyde works well too napa sells it, you can also use silicone spray.

GsXtUrBo98 05-17-2008 10:32 AM

[quote=Kracka;241244]If everything is working properly the sunroof should not leak no matter what. BUT, with that said, Mitsubishi makes really crappy sunroofs than leak wind noise and water after only a few years sometimes. You can try greasing the seal with some grease, but more than likely you're going to need a replacement seal.

which seal do you mean? the one that goes around the glass? If so do you think that that is all that I would have to replace and how much would you think?

AwdGSX13 05-17-2008 02:53 PM

its pretty cheap and as everyone else said, keep the seals greased.

Project2G 05-17-2008 05:36 PM

My sunroof used to leak but I got new weather stripping and that solved my problem.

GsXtUrBo98 05-17-2008 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Project2G (Post 241297)
My sunroof used to leak but I got new weather stripping and that solved my problem.

Well I ordered a new seal from brookdale today and it should come in by wed or thur.

One other issue is that the sunroof rattles but its tight WHY do the tracks get loose and how do you fix it?????

Does anyone know how to put this seal on???? I dont feel like paying $105-$200 to have the dealership do it....

gofastman 05-18-2008 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GsXtUrBo98 (Post 241304)
Does anyone know how to put this seal on???? I dont feel like paying $105-$200 to have the dealership do it....

try a body shop, they should be able to do it for less.

GsXtUrBo98 05-18-2008 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gofastman (Post 241332)
try a body shop, they should be able to do it for less.

Like who abra?