MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Brakes / Body / Suspension (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Camber (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2736)

Halon 04-27-2004 11:43 PM

Hey just wondering about something real quick, not dead set on this yet. But anyway, when I bought the car, it was already lowered like 2" or so with Sportlines. Well the rear camber is all whacked. Just wondering if guys would be able to correct that at all and what kinda price range. This is considering that my car makes it the entire way on the road trip back home. And also if it's within a price range that seems resonable to me.

Kracka 04-28-2004 12:01 AM

RRE along with most other vendors sell camber-kits. I think TireRack sells them too. I love 1G FWD...no kits needed :)

Halon 04-28-2004 12:06 AM

i know RRE sells front camber kits for 1g's, didn't know they sold rear kits. Please enlighten me. Also enlighten me as to what other vendors sell rear camber kits for 1g's. I really hate this camber crap. Only kit I know of is TSS's. It involves cutting stuff tho which I'd like to try and avoid, unless there is no other way around it. thanx!

Kracka 04-28-2004 12:26 AM

Oops....just now saw you said rear. I was thinking front. As far as the rears go on 1G AWD cars, not sure if there would be any way around it besides for cutting. I did find the front adjustment kit from TireRack for $25 for the pair. It is plus/minus 1 degree, not sure what the other aftermarket ones are.

Halon 04-28-2004 12:30 AM

i know on my 2g eclipse, the front had a lil bit of camber going, but the back was horrid. So I just did a ghetto camber mod I found out about the same time i got the 17" rims on there. The bigger rims fixed the front camber, and the bigger rims + my fabulous home brew camber kit fixed the rear perfect! So I'm hoping when the Talon gets rims, it'll work similarly where the bigger rims get the front a lil more normal and like Sears or someone can allign it. But the rear, I can't make a kit for the rear like i did with my 2g cuz they are setup differently. So all I'm really looking for is rear adjustments. If I have to get the TSS one done, then so be it. But if these guys can whip something up at a resonable price, then ill let them do it!

SuperSleeper 04-28-2004 02:10 AM

This may not be ideal, but I found that adjusting my factory toe adjustments helped well with camber issues on teh Laser. It was dropped 1.6", and the camber was near 0.

acidrumz 04-28-2004 05:16 PM

i think whiteline sells some rear camber kits. its made for the gvr4, but it'll work for the 1g as well.

taboospeed shop sells a good kit. need cutting and welding.

also i wanna drop my 1g around 2" . i can get the parts, can you guys do the job?

later.

Halon 04-28-2004 11:15 PM

what parts are you gunna get? mine is dropped 2" as well. what is that Whitelines website? I really don't care if one kit gives you more options then the other or one can adjust easier if you do road racing. I don't road race, i just want the car to stay lowered cuz i like how a lowered stance looks, and i don't want camber, just be normal!

A//// Guy 04-28-2004 11:24 PM

Camber kits.

Here you go. These are nice and cheap. Some are really expensive. If you get these tell me how they work :)

Halon 04-30-2004 07:58 AM

ok i just realised this, i meant to put this in the QPR section. No wonder they never responded. whoops, if someone could move this, that'd be super!