MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Everything Racing (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Cedar Falls Midway Shootout results (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35376)

mondale 10-11-2015 03:01 PM

Cedar Falls Midway Shootout results

I got the car down to the track yesterday for the shootout / track rental in Cedar Falls Iowa. I was battling some lean running issues while shaking the car down, but it seemed to get closer to where it needed to be so I went for it . It was my only full pass of the day, and I was really pleased with the results!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1...0R5d2JRcl9tR3M

Sorry, I don't know how to embed a google drive file.

It ended up running an 8.98@148 . I will upload the slip once my phone stops being handicapped. It glitched the 60' time, which sucks because it felt really good.

Looking at the log , it was still a little too lean for comfort, so I decided to hang it up for the day and the season. It felt good to drive it back on the trailer. I would like to get the boost up to where it should have been for this event, and add some timing that I had taken out of it next spring. I think there is still a lot left in the combo as it sits. There were 3 imports total at the event , and the other two were my friend's subarus that went 10.4 on 24lbs and 9.7 on 35lbs. There are going to be some fast 4 cylinders in MN next year!

Wade

turbotalon1g 10-11-2015 04:07 PM

Re: Cedar Falls Midway Shootout results

Nice work!
Congrats on running 8s!

Halon 10-11-2015 04:43 PM

Badass dude.

goodhart 10-11-2015 07:59 PM

Hot damn!

Goat Blower 10-11-2015 09:11 PM

Nice!

URV8SUX 10-12-2015 06:46 AM

Well there is the explanation to why there was a 60ft glitch.

Watch the video in .25 speed and watch the pre stage and stage lights when the car on the left launches. Top shuts off and eminently the bottom shuts off.

Then watch your car and when you launch the top bulb (pre stage) shuts off and The Stage bulb does not turn off till your cars rear tire passes it witch would not start your time and would explain whey the slip will read .97 60ft time.

It can be from the squat of the car tripping the beam, something hanging down, or even all the smoke at the line but there is no question you can see how quick both bulbs shut off on the mustang and then how the stage light does not shut off till your rear tire passes the beam.

That's why there is a minimum height of 3inchs on the car so this does not happen.

Not hating just pointing it out cause its not a legit 8 second pass.

mondale 10-12-2015 10:12 AM

Ah! I will have to look at it when I get home. If it's not legitimate , then it's not. I know I have a lot more power to make on both boost and timing so it will get it next spring. I wish I could make sure it didn't happen again! The car just works so well at the current height and launch setup.

cudvig 10-12-2015 02:34 PM

8.98... just dont ask Nate... lol

-Colin

mondale 10-12-2015 05:59 PM

It even rhymes haha. I will maybe put the exhaust back on it if this will be a reoccurring issue. What happens if this situation occurs in competition with cars that are really rich at the line?

MorningWood 10-14-2015 05:43 PM

Either way, congrats Wade! Who's Subie ran the 9.7?

mondale 10-14-2015 06:22 PM

Thanks! I know it was a solid 9 sec pass no matter how you cut it. It felt nice to make a full pass in it with the nitrous being left on longer. It made a huge difference in the time from my launch to when I reach full boost. Dipp's 2.5RS ran the 9.7. It has been 9.5 a few years ago, and could be a very quick car with a little more boost.

MorningWood 10-14-2015 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mondale (Post 458678)
Thanks! I know it was a solid 9 sec pass no matter how you cut it. It felt nice to make a full pass in it with the nitrous being left on longer. It made a huge difference in the time from my launch to when I reach full boost. Dipp's 2.5RS ran the 9.7. It has been 9.5 a few years ago, and could be a very quick car with a little more boost.

Next year should be interesting!