View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005   #1
DSMDragn

Send a message via ICQ to DSMDragn Send a message via AIM to DSMDragn Send a message via Yahoo to DSMDragn
DSM overheating problems

Vehicle specs : 1992 eagle talon 2.0 L k&N air filter & aftermarket exhaust no big changes. manual transmission

Repairs : head has been resurfaced , valve job , thermostat , new water pump , and all relevent seals

The above repairs have been done to the vehicle before current situation arised

Situtation: After getting the car back from the mechanic the temperature gauge was reading dead center , when i pulled the car into the drive way i noticed it was alil hot i waited for the car to cool down and noticed that most of the antifreeze was gone from the car , so i filled the coolant . now i drive roughly 80 miles a day 40 miles to work and 40 miles home during the first week i noticed that the car was running alil hot and that i had to add water after every trip to work car wasn't having any power loss or performance problems that i could tell i haven't gotten on the throttle due to just having it fixed after a week and a half of this behavor i was making a trip to a friends house roughly 50 miles away during the return trip home the car started over heating rapidly i pulled over not wanting to destroy my motor waited roughly 1and half hours to let the car cool down i then added m ore coolant to the car and started it up again the car started and i was able to drive it but it didn't have the take off power that it had before i drove a few more miles and it started to over heat again i pulled over and me and a friend pushed the car down to a parking lot after getting to the parking lot and going into a gas station for something to drink i walk back to the car and started it . It was making a loud knocking noise and would idle really ruff . i turn the car off and had it towed any ideas as to what might have caused this kind of problem i am at a loss
i