View Single Post
Old 01-12-2004   #47
SlowWhite
Been there, done that.

Send a message via AIM to SlowWhite
I've owned both FWD (w/20G) for 3 years of Crazy fun (but expensive)

To: 1year of AWD (2/20G) and not so much fun (but inexpensive)

I raced the living hell out of my GS-T. Every night you could probably find Nash and myself out someplace doing something Stupid with our cars. Weather it was making video's, BrnOut's, top end runs, What ever, And had a blast doing it.

I'm sure my AWD will someday give me the pleasure my FWD did. But anyone that knows me or has raced me knows or should know my FWD was considerably faster then my AWD is now.

Ya I can now launch the car and hang from the start but I lost my top end advantage. Once the start was over it usually was a come from behind victory "almost" always.

I've raced the same people in both cars and people I used to walk away from in the FWD I'm either now tied with or am now loosing to.

Granted I when I swapped to the AWD I haven't taken it to the dyno yet. But figureing as we swapped the entire motors and everything else. the previous tune should have been somewhat close?

Anycase I wish I had both. Highway driving and turns the FWD rocked the house. From a stop there just is no comparison AWD all the way.

I will say this though after taking turns in my GS-T at 160mph and compared that to the handling of my AWD at 120mph.

I doubt my AWD will ever see over 120-130mph unless I know I have enough room to slow down to 80mph for a turn.

There just is no comparing my 2 cars in the turns my FWD just pulled itself around the cornes where as my AWD feels like it's trying to push me off the road.

I agree with Chris 100% as far as Highway/top end and turning.

-brian
ps: wheel hop - strongly suggest getting Polyurothane motor mounts. after buying my set I didn't break another tranny. (previous to that I broke 5 in less then 7 months) from 1/4 Racing at the tracks.
1992 GSX - sold
1996 GST - sold
1995 GSX - sold
Best 1/4 - 11.7 on 93oct
Best 1/4 MPH - 120mph
SlowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote