View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006   #4
TheBlizzard

Drives: Too Many
Send a message via AIM to TheBlizzard Send a message via MSN to TheBlizzard
Re: First Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunta
If I upgrade my intake into a 2g mas/w intake arm and filter do I also need bigger injectors (550cc) and if I upgrade my injectors do I have to upgrade my Fuel Pump (Walboro 255HP) and if I upgrade my fuel pump do I have to upgrade my AFPR. Or can I just have the 2gMas and Fuel pump for now and boost like 15 until later on when I spend more money.

Keep in mind these are the first things going into a stock car and that Im just trying to get all the BPU's on first.

If this is all wrong then what should I start with first.
2G Mas on a 1G (assuming its a 1G) you will need some form of fuel control.

You do not need a bigger fuel pump to run larger injectors, but rewiring the fuel pump isn't a bad idea.

You do not need a AFPR to run a Walbro 255 in most cases. Some stock FPR do not hold good enough and that will cause your idle to be really high. If this happens try another stocker and/or upgrade to a aftermarket FPR.

I would suggest getting exhaust first and a MBC, a boost gauge and start from there. A 2G MAS is a great upgrade for the 1G but I suggest getting a few other things first.

I am sure someone could post the link for DSMtooners for the staged upgrades section. That will give you an idea of where to start.
TheBlizzard is offline   Reply With Quote