Thread: Mccc?
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2004   #2
john
Business as usual

Drives: Dodge Viper and Honda Insight
Step one:
Seemed somewhat worthless for me. You should have another person to help you do it though. You disconnect the pcv hose and spray it in while someone keeps the car from dieing with their foot on the gas. You can keep spraying. Your finger will get tired as it takes a while. You will notice carbon (black smoke) coming out of your exhaust. After the can is done, you are done.

Step 2:
I used 2 cans alone in this process. Pull the plugs, spray into each cylinder. I let it sit for a few hours and went out to check on it. Some of it was gone (throught the rings) so I filled them again. I did this a couple of times and then let the car sit overnight (~8 hrs longer). Works better teh longer it sits as long as there is still MCCC in the cumbustion chamber.

Step 3:
I grabbed teh wet dry vac and taped some vaccum line on it. I put it in each hole and got out what I thought was all the fluid. Depending on how long you sat and ring conditions, there may not be much at all. Then, I cranked the car over a few times with the plugs out to shoot out some of the carbon and clear any fluid I missed. May want to use rags as carbon will fly out of the holes.

Step 4: I started the car and did the same as you stated above.

I had a step 5:
Take car out with logger and Phantom knock gone!!!!