View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006   #8
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr
Re: Engine Building-What Products?

Are you going to be doing the assembly?
I would recommend King or ACL bearings (I've been using them for 2+ years without problems).
A turned down balance shaft is a good option, it gives you the rear bearing support.
ARP Mains are nice, but the stockers hold plenty of power. Since I have seen stock motors that aren't "perfect" we have all of our blocks inspected and most of them atleast honed. You get what you pay for when it comes to engines and machine work. I would highly recommend having the block machined with a torque plate.

Any stainless steel valve will be happier in a brass valve guide. We have had excellent success with SI products.
If you need help fell free to send myself or John a pm. Combined I think we have the most 4g63/mitsubishi high performance engine experience (motor assembly, machining, parts research and development) in the twin cities. (Minus a few machine shops that have been used by multiple shops. The assembly techniques are not the same, but they do know what "we" like to see for machining tolerances).