View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006   #14
Tauni
Mazda-ing

Drives: 2013 Mazdaspeed3
Re: Not something I'm proud of, but I'm now "uninsurable".

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy2lazy View Post
Your under your dad's insurance?

hmm.....Are you currently in school as well?
If you are, even if your a "high risk", wouldn't good grades get you like 20% discount.
Just a thought.
No, I'm no longer with my dad's insurance. I was up until now. I'm going back to school. At least now I have TWO goals of why I should get good grades. I think a lot of companies have something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M/// Guy View Post
Hes ALOT older than you though, which lowers insurance costs dramatically. Being young with a record makes it very hard to get a decent rate. Call the major companies and see what they can do as far as rates. American family, progressive, state farm, etc. There are some special high risk insurance companies but I forget their names.

Just liability on that old of a car shouldnt be insanely high, just call around to start.
Hmm.. Thats true. I didn't know how old he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVD View Post
Progressive is a horrible company, and so are most of the other places that insure high-risk drivers for cheap. They work when you need cheap insurance, but dont go into it expecting a whole lot more than a little blue card with your name and policy # on it. They arent the best when it comes to filing claims.
HOPEFULLY, I won't have to file any claims. Since my last ticket, I've REALLY been watching my speeds. I have a GREAT cop eye, but it only takes you so far. And I've been in one accident. So hopefully I won't have to deal with it. I'm a pretty causious driver, I just have a hard time watching my speeds.
Tauni is offline   Reply With Quote