Old 11-24-2007   #38
Black97civic
35mpg

Become the 16-Bit Wizard Champion!
Send a message via AIM to Black97civic
Re: HIDs installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsiEagleTalon92 View Post
So basically everything has to be done perfectly in life or why do anything at all? I see we can't have trial and error anymore, can't ever mess something up and be able to fix it if need be?

Everything has to be done the "Right Way" so we can all be the same and not have anything unique and of our own? No freedom to express ourselves in our own way.
It's unsafe, whats so hard to understand? He did something, that by popular opinion, is not the correct way to do it. I didn't invent any of this, and I'm not telling him t do it my way or die, all I said was that it wasn't the right way to do it. And freedom of expression in modding cars, don't you think you might be reading into this a little too far?

Quote:
Those lights are going to have the same "problem" as all halogen lights when halogens are pretty much the norm in automobiles nowadays? The only thing you have proven against them is that they are brighter... wow. You also state that housings arent designed for them.. custom done things don't tend to fit perfectly and not need tweeking or a different approach to getting it done. You also aren't even sure you know the answer to your own argument because you THINK the beam pattern will be worse. Maybe were not the only ones that need to research?
The problem is that these lights are brighter, making the glare worse than it should be, and the housings aren't designed for the shape of the bulb, making it even worse. Yeah, custom done things don't fit right, there was a link provided that has many tutorials and threads about the correct ways to do it right. He didn't do it the way that makes them function as intended, simple as that.

As far as doing research, so far it appears that only a few of us actually did any, and the original poster wasn't one of them. I'm not the only one that raised these points, so I would think it should be fairly obvious that I'm not just making this up to be a dick.
Black97civic is offline   Reply With Quote