View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008   #1
tpunx99GSX

Tournaments Won: 3

Drives: Lancer and Durango
Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX
What are the odds?

So as some of you may have seen i thought i bent some valves a couple days back when the exhaust cam was reversed.
I took off the head, and the cams look to be seating proprly and closing all of the way, but when i hook up the Compression tester, it reads 0 across the board.
One would think that even if the valves were bent but look to be seating properly it "SHOULD" at least get a small amount of compression. Mind you, When the cam was reversed, it was only turned over once, i heard a noise much like a popping once. and stopped immediatly and found the problem.
When im trying to turn it over now it sounds like its just not getting spark, that the crank and cams are moving but nothing is happening. And I can hear some exhaust out the tail pipe.
What are the odds my Compression Tester got fucked up between now and the last time i used it. Which was about a month ago? Its just a cheap one from Autozone. This is really bothering the hell out of me. Im going to check for spark tonight on the spark plugs because when i took the plugs out last night they were wet.
Thanks Guys,
Tom
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
tpunx99GSX is offline   Reply With Quote