View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008   #39
scheides
flips McGee

Re: FP RED for evo 8 & 9

You're confusing the different manifolds.

These last graphs are on ported stock IM w/ 65mm ported stock TB. This is what I have on my car, and basically gives the whole power curve a 10-15whp bump up, not really geared towards improving top end power specifically, other than that.

The graphs in the original post feature the "Indy" or Wilson Manifolds uber-modified stock manifold that rivals the best SMIMs out there.

So, if he were to switch to the Indy v0, v1, or v2 manifold, he would see more power up top w/o a doubt, but induce a little bit higher boost threshold (i.e. later torque), depending on the version. Or he could go with a SMIM and see similar results.

Side note, the second car (Trent) w/ 470whp went to the track last night:

"First pass went 10.57 with crappy launch (it bogged a little) Second pass was a 10.51 @ 132 Third pass was 10.51 @ 133 Fourth pass was another 10.51 Then i looked at the log at 2 step and thought the car had a little bog, The rpm was dropping to like 3800-4000 GOOD THING THIS TURBO SPOOLS UP QUICK So i Raised the 2 step and next pass was a 10.39 @ 134 with a 1.47 60ft. Was happy but just had to back it up so the next pass was another 10.39 @ 135 with a best 60 ft. to date a 1.4500"

consistent 10.5's on a stock-appearing turbo in a full-weight car, pretty freaking redonk!
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote