View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008   #9
SnoEclipse

Drives: 07 Eclipse GT
Re: My sunday afternoon activity

I used duplicolor 1634 high-temp/low-gloss engine paint on top of a layer of their self-etching primer. Before all that I wet sanded the wheels with 400 and then 1000 grit sandpaper. I also sanded lightly with 1000 grit after the second coat of primer and second coat of paint. In all there were three light shots of primer, four light shots of paint, and then two 'medium wet' shots of paint. The paint was all applied within an hour. Looks pretty good.

This is the basic pattern I've been using on the car; calipers, front bumper center, rear lower 1/4, etc. Been slowly getting rid of all the chrome on the car replacing it with low-gloss black.

If I can figure out how to open up the headlight capsules next spring, the headlights get this treatment internally. Otherwise I'm grabbing a cheap set of after-market projectors and play with them.

Last edited by SnoEclipse; 11-18-2008 at 01:35 AM..
SnoEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote