Old 11-18-2008   #14
JET
Is funding Exxon.

Drives: like a bat outta hell!
Send a message via AIM to JET Send a message via Yahoo to JET
Re: Valve spring work-around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceminion View Post
-Although I agree that dropping one of those things down the oil drain would not be ideal, i disagree, the oil returns are huge, you could drop a dime down there, a keeper would not get stuck
Have you actually looked down the oil passages? I have seen imperfections closing them 1/2 off before.

Quote:
Uh, dont want to sound better then you or anything, but any free floating oil in the head drains straight down under 0PSI of pressure to the oil pan, after the oil is used in the cams/lifters it is done.
The post I was replying to was not specifically about the head, you said "I don't understand why everyone equates anything in your oil with a ruined motor...."

Quote:

No, not exactly, from the oil pan, there is the pickup tube, which has a screen, keepers are huge in comparason to the screen, it would never make it into the oil pump

actually, oil gets filtered every time around
Not if the contamination happens after the filter, it will go through the engine once.
Quote:

Jet - im not trying to be a dick here, you know how long I have been working on dsms, I have been battling against automotive superstition my whole automotive career, so facts are very important to me. sorry if I picked your whole post apart, but comon man!
Next time actually read what I write.

You have been going against conventional thinking, not superstition. Some good, some bad. I always tried to help you with your ideas if they have merit, even when others are bashing you.

My motorcycle is stock and reliable, my Talon is neither!
JET is offline   Reply With Quote