View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008   #5
iroc_g

Drives: 97 GSX, 95 TSI, 04 Celica TRD
Re: SMIM Showdown! Lets figure this out once and for all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halon View Post
I have a 1G New Version Race JMF I could let you borrow. Flanged for 1G TB. How long do you think you'd have it? I have some time as my car is down, but I'd want it back in a reasonable amount of time.

My main concern is that I don't really know you, so I'm nervous about lending out something like this as it wasn't a cheap part.
Halon:

I understand that I am a relative unknown here. That was the main reason I asked swifty to chime in on this as well. He and I have been talking a lot lately about this and other DSM related things.

I could have it ready to go back to you the next day if need be!

Here's a little background on me:

Ive owned my 2g eclipse for 5 years now, but only driven it for about a year and a half. It was bought as an ex-drag car from pennsyvania. It was nothing more than a shell at that time. I spent 2 years scraping together the cash and parts to get it street legal and complete. Then, after only 2 months of driving, the transmission have up. So, it sat for annother 2 years as I was completely boke from buying a house and feeding my wife and son.

This summer, My daily driver (Pontiac GTP) blew up. Too much boost i think!!! So my boss lent me the money to buy my transmission and get my car back on the road. He said he would rather have me at work than out looking at cars!!!

My life has calmed down a bit, and I have a part time job that I use to fund my cars. That is where all the engine work was done for my car, and where all the flow testing will be done. Im planning a completely new setup next year, which is why I am intake shopping.

Here is my mod list:
97 GSX. 6-bolt swap, lsd rear
2.0L bored .020 over, weisco 8.5:1 pistons, Eagle Rods, cometic head gasket and all ARP studs.
Comp 200's w/ fidazza gears, Ferrea +1mm valves w/ duel springs and Ti Retainers and fully ported head.
MHI EVO3 (ported by sbr), EVO3 Exhaust Mani and o2, RRE Downpipe and Apexi n1 exhaust.
Greddy 24r FMIC w/ dejon Piping for Blow Thru, SSQV, GM MAFT w/ 3", AVCr EBC.
Stewart Warner Gauges, Innovate LM1, DSMlink
ACT 2600 clutch and Flywheel, Shep Stg 3/4 w/4 spyder diff

All I can tell you is I'm not going to steal your parts. I hate theives, and I know what it is like to get your stuff stolen. I had $1000 of parts disapear from a shop that my car was at years ago.

My full time job is at ProKART Indoors in Burnsville. I am the head manager here, and have been here since we opened in 2000. I work atleast 55 hours a week, so Im not hard to track down. I am more than happy to provide anybody who donated their manifold for testing my personal cell number and home adress.
iroc_g is offline   Reply With Quote