View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009   #47
Swifty1638
Unsure resident asshole

Drives: '92 Eagle TalonTSI w/many mods
Send a message via AIM to Swifty1638
Theme of the day: I'm a dumbass!!

As the title states, we found more shit wrong..something rather major actually. Turns out the revving issue I had, COULD be very well attributed to a BAD GROUND-more-so, one that was NEVER BOLTED DOWN!! I dunno if it was whom I baught the car from, or when I had it apart before( I forget ever even seeing this tab) but this is what it looked like :

In the spare harness we used, and cut it out (relocating the MSD to the inside, and etc) this shows what all that ground is for, amongst other things:

Now that that issue has been sorted out, it will FOR SURE be grounded now. The upper and lower pipes are done, BOV and AIT is on, TB is modified for the 90 dsm TPS (thanks Mark for the sensor!) injectors are in (thanks Andrew!) timing belt is done, FJO is moved over to the back far corner, intake on for mock up, and figuring out vac lines, etc.

Progress pics as of now..

JAKEY, I know you like weld X-rays:

Done for the week. I have a Sparco seat sitting in my bedroom, while the passenger side compartment is torn apart to mount/move hte MSD box, work on more grounds/wiring for the AEM. Still to do:
AEM grounds
MSD finish relocation/wiring
FJO wiring
Wire wideband O2 to AEM for monitoring/tuning
Finish other assorted wiring
install JMF intake/piping permenantly now that mock up is done (get t-bolt clamps
Mock/make air intake pipe/get filter
Degree cams
Reinstall VC and COP setup
Install the catch can/breather lines
Install QTP 3" cutout/wiring
Swap out gases
Change AEM tables
Start?

That's roughly it! BIG THANKS to John (pushurshitin2.0) for helping me out with wiring. I HATE doing that crap, but he makes it look easy!

That's all for now folks!

-A. Swift
Black 1GB Mafia #1
744AWHP/526TQ-Shootout mode
639.6AWHP/452TQ-DB's dyno

I wanna go fast.

Last edited by Swifty1638; 02-15-2009 at 07:48 PM..
Swifty1638 is offline   Reply With Quote