View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009   #25
Archertsi

Drives: 1995 talon tsi
Re: E85 Injector Issues... Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Blower View Post
I don't think this is related to E85 at all. We were working on that same problem on a car that didn't use E85.

GSXTACY had the same problem with his 950's. I wasn't sure what it was but I had thought maybe it was from improper cam timing since it was a 2.4 with 2.4 cam gears. I figured the intake valve was opening too early and exhaust was going past and burning the tips of the injectors.

I have verified on my 2.4 while it was on the stand that neither mitsu cam gears (either 2.0 or 2.4) get fp3 or fp3x cams in correct time. Degreeing the cam is the only "true" correct way to get those cams in correct time with a 2.4 block and belt. I also verified it with FP.

Anyway, he swapped his 950's for 1150's. The car never did run right, poor idle, kinda a "popping" out the exhaust and flowing the wrong amount of air at idle. So he bought adjustable cam gears and I degreed the cams in. Car ran perfectley after and flowed the correct amount of lbs/min.

That was last fall, we never did get to re-tune the car. This spring I'll tell him he should check his injectors.

I am running the older FIC 1600's with 3000 miles on them. I guess I should pull them and check them too.

Just something to think about. I doubt all of these cars that are having this problem have these cams and 2.4. I doubt they have improper cam timing, but again just a thought. Could exhaust be getting past the intake valve?

@BloodSweatMotorwerks
Archertsi is offline   Reply With Quote