View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009   #87
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.
Re: Customer Reviews

You guys provide for the community like few others do, a huge line of parts, quality craftsmanship, great prices and will basically bend over backwards to help people out. But at the same time I've begun to experience things that make me wonder what the heck you guys are thinking.

First example: I was interested in picking up a Perrin air filter for my Evo. Through forum PMs I was told they are stocked and could just stop by to pick one up, but they were out of stock at the time. I was then told to contact back in a week to see if they were in stock. What? Since when is it up to the customer to check back? So I checked back a week or two later only to find out that they had been sold out again. Ugh... Needless to say I gave up on that game and just ordered one through the site to be shipped to me.

Second example: I found out that MAP could get seat lowering brackets for my car that I couldn't find anywhere else, was told who to contact through AIM to get them ordered, so I did just that. On May 5th I placed the order, sent money through Paypal, provided my phone number as requested and was told I would be called when they arrive. Two quick weeks go by and realized I didn't have the brackets yet so I contacted the person through AIM again.
Quote:
Me: Guy at MAP, can you give me a status on the seat lowering brackets I ordered on May 5th?
Guy at MAP: they have been in stock.
Guy at MAP: I had (non-MAP employee) try to call ya.
What the...? I can't even comprehend an explanation for this. It completely blows my mind that it is continually up to the customer to check on parts or the status of their order. I have worked in a service-oriented industry for over 10 years, and not once have I expected it to be up to the customer to check on the status of things. I understand that things can get busy, buried and forgotten about, but this is a trend and it's going in the wrong direction.

On the upside, when I wanted suspension parts last year I had great service. I explained what I wanted, went there in person to pay for everything, and was told about a week later when it came in. That's how it should be and I was very happy with that transaction.

On top of all this I have a part I'd like to return and exchange for something else, but on the other hand I'm about ready to sell it and take my business elsewhere.

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote