View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009   #19
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr
Re: Tunning question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
Low is set at 35%, high at 50%. Have tried raising and lowering the throttle point on both high and low. Looks like everyone has an opinion on where to set it, and i've found this works well for me, anything under 35% throttle is normally out of boost, or low boost, and runs the afr good for how i drive. Anything over 50% throttle i start seeing a good amount of boost, and anything inbetween the low and the high has a varying amount of boost.

The car has always had this switching problem since i got it. I would notice after getting up to 55mph i couldn't get on the throttle unless i waited a little bit, than i could give it hell when i first got it. After getting the wideband it was much more clear as to why i couldn't do that. But not why it was happening.

The car also does it at idle every once in a blue moon. It doesn't happen when fans turn on or off, or change with the voltage coming out of the alternator either. It's got a mind of it's own as far as i can tell. Speedo has been off since i got the car, i just havn't got around to trying to replace the speed sensor, i just drive to the corrected speed.
Sounds like an internal pcm issue if all the sensors are correct and wiring is good (and no aftermarket stuff is mucking it up). Can you swap out a stock ecm with someone to test?