Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon
Re: Over revving issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by asshanson View Post
Making good progress it seems like.

If you take out the rods/pistons won't you have to re-ring it? Or are you just unbolting them from the crank to check out the bearings? Getting new ARP hardware for the rod bolts or just reusing?
I wasn't planning on re-ringing. I was just going to take them out, inspect everything, and throw it back in just like how I took it out. Hell that's what I did for the other 3 cylinders when I rebuilt that one cylinder. I removed all the pistons, but only re-ringed the one cylinder. And compression is pretty decent.

I have a dumb question though. If the rings aren't in the exact same position as they were when I took it out (say they rotated ever so slightly) is that an issue? Or do they always rotate slightly in the cylinder under normal operation, and it's not a big deal?

Just wondering if I need to take special care in making sure the rings are in the exact same spot when I take them out, and when I put them back in.

Also, does anyone got a ring compressor I could borrow?
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote