Thread: 1994 Talon TSi
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009   #43
goodhart
Transmission destroyer

Drives: G37, 91 TSi
Send a message via MSN to goodhart
Re: 1994 Talon TSi

Well I tore the turbo off this weekend, I figured even if it wasn't 100% shot I better freshen it up before I switch to E85. With that being said, I got my brand spankin new PTE 1200cc injectors in the mail today that I got a great deal on (Thanks again Jvsc91Talon!) So I plan on getting this turbo rebuilt and then gettting this thing on the corn ASAP.

I took the turbo apart and blasted the housings, ran everything else through the parts washer, and will be bringing it all to jhaan_dude tomorrow to have him replace the seals, send the shaft out to get balanced, replace what needs replacing, etc.

Here are some before and afters:

Also cleaned up the O2 housing, it looked like crap, so I ran it through the wire wheel.

I wanted to get some pics of the wheels and shaft on the turbo but the camera wasn't cooperating to get the detail I wanted in the photos. There was some ever so slight scoring in the shaft and a tiny tiny amount of damage in the compressor wheel where it had touched the housing somewhere along the line. It had a little more than normal side-to-side shaft play and some pretty bad end-to-end play. (like 1/32-1/16 or so)

So I am pretty glad I took the turbo off, now I know exactly what I will have and will have the peace of mind that it won't blow up on the dyno once I throw about 100 more HP to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
I swing from the nuts of cold hard data. Anything less is a guess.
goodhart is offline   Reply With Quote