Thread: Car behavior
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009   #1
123abc
wants to be sideways...

Drives: Loud cars
Send a message via AIM to 123abc Send a message via MSN to 123abc
Car behavior

I have a couple questions about the way my car is running. 9 psi, wastegate boost.

Yesterday I did a pull with the Laser and logged it. My timing was way high peaking around 27 degrees advance under WOT, which of course resulted in a few counts of knock. The ecu pulled timing back to around 22 and it was fine.

Now, I set my base timing that night to 5 degrees advance. Did a pull last night and zero knock but still pushing 25-26 degrees timing. Pulled pretty hard for 9 psi with afr's around 11.4. Drove it today and got the same thing. No knock at all though.

Now, does the ECU advance timing until it deems it unsafe through different perimeters? When I was running 19 psi on the same setup, I saw a max of 22 degrees advanced timing with afr's in the high 10's low 11's. If I were to increase boost as is, will the wot timing go back to normal?

Also, the car can barely keep itself idling. If it does, it idles around 500 rpms. I'm attributing that to the below paragraph, but am also looking for opinions.

I did a boost leak test and saw my tb to intake manifold gasket was leaking. Replaced that without rtv and it runs way better than before that but I have yet to boost leak test it. I plan to tomorrow, as well as double check base timing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93GSX5SD
I'll second that. Its your car your choice. Enjoy your dsm experience.

Last edited by 123abc; 07-16-2009 at 08:23 PM..
123abc is offline   Reply With Quote