View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009   #2
4g63tcrazy
is Nashty

Drives: Cyborg from Japan
Re: 1g FWD Exhausts?

My exhaust goes under the rear axle on my FWD. The problem with going over the axle is the limited amount of space. Most people say you can't even fit a 3" pipe over the top. As far as I know there isn't any exhaust made by any manufacturer that goes under the axle. I custom made my exhaust using autozone piping. Yeah it's not mandral bent but it only cost me $90 to make and I'm still making the same power as other's with the same setup. (375whp-365wtq with s16g)

Basically my exhaust has only two 90 degree bends and one 45 degree to go under the axle. I have about 2-3 inches clearance under the axle and not once has it ever given me any clearance issues. The only problem with it is when you lift the car on a lift and the rear axle tries to come down but the one side hits the exhaust and doesnt allow full suspension travel on that side. Basically you can make a flange so you can drop the axle-back portion anytime..

Here is a pic of when I was putting it all together:

3 inch til it goes under the axle and then reduces down to 2.5 to mate with my 2.5 magnaflow muffler. Eventually I'll be drilling it out to 3 but I'm not too worried about it right now.

Also I'm pretty sure there are only 3 guys with FWD 1g's on this site. Me, you and carlton I believe his name is.

Here's a pic somewhat showing it going under the axle.

Last edited by 4g63tcrazy; 10-17-2009 at 02:41 PM..
4g63tcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote