View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009   #21
scheides
flips McGee

Re: Speed Density on Evo ECU

Monday update, the part throttle cruise either has gotten worse or I'm noticing it more. I am going to turn my async table back down to stock and see if that makes it better or if the increments I made to the EGR timing advance table make any difference either (I'll try that next).

I unplugged my stock MAS/MAF tonight w/o issue. No CEL, no stumble (did it while car was running), nadda, just plain awesome! Does anyone know if the MAF Scaling and associated tables actually do anything anymore?

Thanks a ton JohnBradley and Bryan@GST Motorsports for sharing your setups with me. JohnBradley's (Ref1, Ref2) is something to strive for, perfect fully tuned 1:1 VE tables, definite beauty to that! Bryan@GST, well, my tables look damn near identical to yours, although I did make a bump near the bottom to try and get some of my midrange load values to line up to my previous maf-based tune. However, our SD RPM VE tables are not so close, I feel like mine are globally down 15% from your or so. I have yet to idle or cruise in full open-loop but the car idled way rich and fuel trims were full -12% negative w/o setting these values in the middle of this table (1000-3000rpm) in the 67-70% region. Anyone have any idea why that might be? Ported head, cams?

I have timing very very close to where it was before and the car feels fantastic. Boost is low 24psi, right where I want it, nice and conservative. I'm nearly ready to flip the alky on except for a few problems: thanksgiving (traveling), rain, and snow in teh forcast. Sigh.

Last edited by scheides; 11-23-2009 at 11:00 PM..
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote