View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010   #11
Eurotrash

Drives: 92 Laser RS
Re: Strange mis-fire problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha D View Post
Your problem awfully sounds like what my car was doing. What me and a friend did to solve most of the problem's was.

-Swap a different maf in (Reason why stock 1g maf was not compatible when i put in the 3g original maf it stopped burning rich and hit boost nicely) Actually driving it allowing the computer to straighten its self out worked miracles to.

-I adjusted my Fast idle control motor screw (Con idle lobe.Mine is close to all the way open)

-Fixed every single boost leak (No matter how small it makes a difference)

-New Filter with the maf

-PCV valve was stuck as well

A Proper Tune Would Definetly help.Yet im sure where ever you take it they will check for all those problems. So i suggest look into those potential problems first. Try and fix all the small things and take it in. It will help you safe money, as well as make things faster. Hope This helps

Yeah pretty much the car will start to buck and just won't want to go anywhere unless i feather the throttle. if i give it barely in gas it will SLOWLY get up to speed, very annoying lol. however, i normally have to stay in a lower gear, in 5th gear it just wont go anywhere
Eurotrash is offline   Reply With Quote