goodhart
Transmission destroyer

Drives: G37, 91 TSi
Send a message via MSN to goodhart
Re: 1994 Talon TSi

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
Nice work and pics.
But lets get to teh important shit, how big of a shot are you running? How long u been doing it?
Not running anything yet, it was on the car when I got it and has never been hooked up quite right. I just kept it around in case i wanted to use it some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3L1CA View Post
Damn, that sucks about the exhaust mani studs. Looks like you're making some damn good progress on it though!

Think she will be ready to go come spring?
I hope to have it on the tuned and on the dyno for spring dyno day, we'll see if my budget allows for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TkrPerformance View Post
Just take out the upper fuse box it unplugs from the bottom it is just for the a/c
Also take out the fuel noids next to it.
Cut the top 1/2 off the power stearing bracket and cut the upper engine mount.
(I have it done on both the talon and the wifes hatch) makes it look a lot cleaner
I can ditch all 3 of those solenoids? just rip em out and cover the3 wires so they don't ground out?

Where exactly do I cut the engine and power steering mounts? Anyone have pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twack View Post
ya thats all ac stuff up in the corner. cut the wires and turn the grommet inside out to hide everything and the hole. did you see if there was a crack or soemthing wrong with the throttle body to see if that was leaking coolant?
TB looked fine, I didn't really pay it much attention though either I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halon View Post
I agree with removing that fuse box, and the solenoids right next to it on the firewall. Also if there is anything remaining from the emissions system under the battery, remove all of it and just tuck the battery down in there. A lot easier than relocating to the trunk, and really cleans things up.

Also, is that mess on the passenger side ABS? Get rid of that crap!!
Yup I want to get rid of the ABS.

Here's the plan for the ABS. I have all the tools to bend my own lines, I am going to order a non-ABS proportioning valve today. What size and length lines do I need and what kind of fittings? to finish the job? I assume I can't just start cutting into the high pressure lines too, so how should I relieve the pressure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
I swing from the nuts of cold hard data. Anything less is a guess.
goodhart is offline   Reply With Quote