View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010   #1
sak1782

3.5 Stroker, Precision 5857 Billet Wheel, E85 3000GT

Hey all,

I posted my build thread up on MNSC and MN3S. Someone just recommended this forum, and I had a login from a ways back.

I will update this as the thread goes on, but here is the overview of the build so far. Im not cutting any corners on this build, and have been in direct talks with the top builders of the 3/S platform prior to making any decisions on which route to take.

So far, it stands like this.

I started with my two owner 94VR4, me being the second owner. This was honestly my dream car from way back in the days of Grand Turismo, for the PS. I searched for a clean, low mileage, documented car, and found this one out of Lincoln VA. I talked to the owner a few times on the phone, and sent a military buddy of mine up from Little Creek VA to check it out. The car was as described, so I booked a flight out, bought it, spent the night, and left the next day.

The owner was a car enthusiast, mechanic and avid collector. This was his driver, and he also had a mint 99VR4 with 8k on the clock, and a 91VR4, with 14k on the clock. When I bought this car, it had 47k on it, and before I bought it, he tore it down, replaced the bearings, rings, and a full 60k overhaul. I drove all back roads for the first 300miles, stopped in a Walmart parking lot, changed the oil, and drove another 200 miles on back roads, got a hotel room, and changed the oil again in the parking lot. I was in love with the way the car handled, drove, and performed.

I got it home in late Aug of 2008, and drove the piss out of it. I added 15G turbo's, gutted the pre-cats, an IPS 3" catless downpipe, 560cc injectors, and a hotwire kit on the fuel pump. I changed out all the fluids, and changed out the breaks and rotors for drilled and slotted.

3 days after getting everything all in, I took it out for a spin untuned just to play with it, and see if there was any difference. Even untuned, there was a huge gain in performance, and I knew with a tune it would get better. That night, I spun a rod bearing. I was on my way to pick up my wifes best friend from the airport, and it started knocking right by the Vet Cemetery. I pulled over, called a tow truck, and had it towed to DB. It honestly sat there until now, and I am going all out.

*Details in next post*
sak1782 is offline   Reply With Quote