Thread: TkrPerformance
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010   #12
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr
Re: TkrPerformance

While the engine swap for "Just cause" does sound fishy, I've seen people do more strange of things. The fact of the matter is that it is a $200 engine. That price is essentially a scrap value and if it is running it is a bonus. If the engine does run and start, it is as advertised.

Was there any sort of inspection done on the engine before it was purchased? A 1/4" of crankwalk/endplay is very noticable. Surely someone with as much experience as Mark would know to toss a prybar on the crank end pully or flywheel to check for freeplay before buying a 7 bolt. Hell, I don't understand why ANYONE would buy a used engine without getting a look at the bottom side (aka no oil pan) before purchase, especially if you know it is used and prone to issues historically.

Still $200 is not a lot of cheese, especially for a shortblock.

The best thing to do would be to have an independant part tear it down and post pictures up. Hell I've torn down and built more of these (4g63/4g64, 6g72) than I can count, if need be I can be a non charging neutral third party, but my schedule is very hectic and would probably not meet anyones timeline commitments.