View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010   #2
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.
Re: Can a 1G handle? Seriously.

Any car can handle decent, but you need to start at the base and work up. That base is tires. What you get is up to you, but the top street tires at the moment are Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Spec, Kumho Ecsta XS and Hankook RS-3.

As equally important as tires is alignment. Get yourself a degree or two of negative camber in front, a negative degree in the rear, and you'll have a car that is more responsive than you thought was possible.

Beyond that, you need to look at springs and shocks. DSMs have a good assortment of shocks to choose from, and if I were you I'd just mate a good set of adjustable shocks with some good springs.

Beyond that, a bigger rear swaybar will help the car rotate in the turns, and adding a front swaybar will add more overall grip but help keep the car neutral while turning.

If you're feeling really crazy you can start putting in polyurethane bushings all around. Old cars make more use of this than newer cars, but it's the last thing I'd do, especially if your suspension isn't sloppy.

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote