View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010   #1
C3L1CA
N17r0U$ br4D

Goosehead Racing Champion! Street Drifting Champion!
Tournaments Won: 1

Drives: bikes and a silveraydo
Evo - a quick reliable daily driver?

I was hoping you evo guys could help me out a little bit. I currently have a 2g that seems to run for a couple months tops before something breaks and an '01 audi a4 that has 120k miles on it and I'm just worried that when things start need replacing that I'm going to go broke just doing simple maintenance.

Then the idea came up of parting out the 2g, selling the audi, and then maybe picking up an evo. But I'm not sure if it is the way to go and hope some of the evo guys can give their honest opinion if they had to do it over again if they'd pick an evo or get something else. I'm an evo n00b, so anything you can think of please post it up.

Is there an certain mileage where things start needing to be replaced? I know there is the 60k service with the timing belt, but is there anything else major?

I think I could be happy and content with a 400ish @ DB hp evo on corn. Is that too much to expect out of an evo that would be my daily driver?

Is there anything that I should be looking for when looking at possible ones to buy?

Any other info or help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
C3L1CA is offline   Reply With Quote