View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010   #423
scheides
flips McGee

Re: beaterX project thread

^I am!

So I blame shane, he's a bad influence. I gapped my plugs down tonight from .022-.023 to .020-.021, stock iridiums. I was bawking at the thought of pulling them out and keeping the longblock virgin for a while longer. Then I realized I had taken them out on the day I bought the car for a compression test. Doh. Oh well. Plus I was getting some ignition breakup at 33psi

Of course, this is what I was fearing...I could have swore I smelled some coolant here and there but never saw puddles or anything...but I remembered I had tweaked the upper coolant hose while installing the BBX. I thought I was good, but finally it came back to haunt me--the thing I hate more than anything in this world: coolant!

Fukin coolant sprayed all over the cold side of the turbo and explains why the 'manifold' smelled weird lately after a hard run. I thought it was just lack of coating/heat protection, but no it was just burning green crap off itself:
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
...I realized that I can't keep up my shit talking without anything to back it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
S2000: For those of us that know the Miata is the best car on the planet, but also want extra power and to not have to turn in our man cards.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote