Thread: EGT & E85
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010   #3
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g
Re: EGT & E85

Oh wow, i should of been ready for this.
As you can tell it was early/late when i posted this, hence teh lack of info.

I'm not a noob, I have tuned all of my cars just fine.

If you nothing to say, but EGT is old school well get lost because I don't care, pushrods are old school and they still rock.

Back on topic, if you have done tuning with E85 you will notice that you can run insane timing on top of already high boost.

Case in point, 2 cars ago my motor would barely take positive timing while in boost it would knock to hell on pump gas, even on E85 it was a bitch, but once spending a shit ton of time with it I was able to get into the high teens for timing and even low 20s with no knock.

If you have tuned with E85, I want your opinion on using an EGT gauge not that its a waste and old school.

I believe there are users on here, that have already experimented with E85 and measuring EGTs with scary results, seeing easily over 1700F on a pull with AFRs in the mid 11s and timing at a modest mid teens (15ish i believe).
This has probed me toward a EGT gauge along with the fact E85 is just too knock resistant that I feel heat is one of the major characters in determining its limit.
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote