Thread: Belts
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2003   #6
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr
the gator belts we used on your car I didn't really like the build quality of them.
with that being said here is how you do it.
Altenator belt, loosen up the bottom bolt (down by plug-in/right by block, near oil filter), then crank the 't' assembly until the altenator belts gets tight (i think it should have 1/4-1/2" of deflection), then re-tighten bolt.
Power steering: loosen up mounting bolts (2 are found inside of pully, pully must have holes north/south to access bolts, 1 is behind, and I think there is another in front, I don't remember, then just 'pry' the power steering pump back until it has minimal deflection).
a/c: there is a pully mounted that has 2 bolts, losen up those and push it around, then retighten it.
or call mike or me.
612-636-3674
If I had wheels I'd come over and tighten them for you like we said we would, otherwise try calling mike's cellphone.
Did you do that oil-change yet? How is the clutch engagement? Did it move on you?