View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010   #523
scheides
flips McGee

Re: beaterX project thread

Ok, big update time but no pics sorry; purely a planning session.

First off I will be sending the injectors off to Deatschwerks to be inspected/flow tested purely out of curiosity. They have been insanely gracious on this and I was very careful when I approached them about it. I just want to try and get to the bottom of what happened and fix it so it doesn't happen again.

Next, the head. I dropped it off last week at DB Performance in an effort to get it fixed effectively and quickly. I was hoping for a quick weld job on the CC, a decking, and back on the car with a new set of valvesprings and cams......Ugh this was sobering news today on top of everything but the head has several bent valves and will need to be completely gone through to fix it. The chunk of ring must have had its way with this thing like Hotdog on Murlo. :P Anyways it is going to get fixed and stamped with a nice little DB Performance performance package: +1mm valves, 5-angle valvejob, basic porting, and either Cosworth single or Supertech dual valvesprings. This all will be topped off with Kelford 214-b's (readily available) or GSC S2's (not available until very end of November). I really want the S2's but the kelfords are well-proven cams as well. I will decide as things progress. Plagued with backorder stuff here.

Also a week ago I dropped off the shortblock at MAP. They are going to clean it up, machine it with an official 4b11t torque plate, and then outfit it with a set of their new x-beam rods (ooh lala) with some pimp JE pistons (with all the trimmings). They're confident about getting it done quickly so I jumped on the opportunity. The torque plate comes in tomorrow and all hell will break loose from there. I explored everything from 2.5L strokers to sleeved race blocks to a LS9 swap (ok just kidding) and this simple, vanilla setup seemed to be best for me.

side note: Normally I recommend people do not mix/match different parts and different shops but with the tallent we have local and being good friends with a lot of these guys it is honestly hard to choose and even harder to turn anyone down as I really do trust everyone I'm working with on this project. I know I've already stepped on a few toes but end of the day decisions gotta get made and I am the one to do it (well, and Anna ).

So yea, there's a few other small things going on with the project but I'll post pics as things happen. For now the car is sitting and I haven't touched it in over a week. Boo. Thanks for reading!
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
...I realized that I can't keep up my shit talking without anything to back it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
S2000: For those of us that know the Miata is the best car on the planet, but also want extra power and to not have to turn in our man cards.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote